Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone

Have logged on here for the first time today.  I have been posting on an endometriosis website which I have really helpful both through the information and support received from the girls there.  As concearns now stretch further than endo, am hoping to find some new friends in the same pickle as me to chat to!!

I was diagnosed with severe endometriosis last Tuesday after my hubby and I have been trying to conceive for 2 1/2 years (I'm 31, he is 37).  I had a chocolate cyst drained from my right ovary and my right tube is also blocked.

I have received and injection of Prostrap and will have another one just before Xmas.  I am then going back into hospital to have laser treatment to reduce the endometriosis.  My consultant does not sound too hopeful and mentions IVF every time we speak.

I'm not sure I want to go down this avenue so I am now trying to find as much information on ANYTHING that will help us to conceive after January.  Reading various websites, we seem to have a 6 month window before the endo will start to cause more problems so time is short!!!!

Anyway, that's me, and I look forward to chatting to you.

xxx
Juddystarlet 

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Hi Juddy Scarlet

Welcome to FF.  I really cant say how to maximise your chances of conceiving naturally other than trying to keep yourself and dp well and take appropriate vits (I'd ask the chemist which would be best).  I've heard that laser tx can improve your chances, particularly for the 1st 6 mnths afterwards.

It sounds like your consultant mentions ivf to prepare you just in case it may be necessary.  Please dont worry.  Just try to take each step (easier said than done) at a time as it's all too much to take in at once.  At the moment just concentrate on getting the laser tx over with and see what that brings.  If you you need ivf, you will be fine, beleive me, but for now just put that to the back of your mind until you have had your laser tx.

Look afer yourself  ;)

love

Becca
x

·
Premium Member
791 Posts
Hi Judy

just to say hello...you will get lots of support here  :)

luv
Rach x

1 - 3 of 3 Posts