Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i am just going through my 2nd cycle of IVF (having had 2 normal conceptions but having miscarriages), my treatment is slightly diffrent and i will be having ICSI. I am new to this site a friend of mine said she has found it very helpful. I am also having counselling and hoping this will see me through this cycle (hopefully). I have had a quick look around the site. I have only accessed from work so will try at home and it will give me more time to browse etc...

·
Registered
107 Posts
Hi Raik ^wave^

A big welcome to Fertility Friends, sending you lots of  ^fairydust^
for your current cycle, there are lots of areas that you can join in, one in particular is the 2ww (used for the long wait after embryo transfer) which i found a godsend after my ivf!!

Take time to browse, theres lots here!!

Wishing you lots of luck

Love Nic xx

·
Premium Member
3,352 Posts
Hi Raik,

We had 3 IUI cycles before trying IVF and then on the day my husbands sperm quality was not good enough and they did ICSI.  Although the process of fertilisation is is more intrusive, physically for you it will be the same as the IVF - the only difference is what goes on in the lab.  Keep postive and I hope it works for you. 

Although our cycle was unsuccessful, we had 5 of the 7 retrieved eggs fertilise successfully. I dont know how that compares with a regular IVF cycle, but just remember that ICSI is more precise and so there should be more chance of getting some good embryos.  We'll be having another go after Christmas. 

I have my fingers crossed for you and I hope it goes well. 
All the best, Olwen

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Hey Raik,

Welcome to FF!

Wishing you luck with the IVF.

We have Cycle Buddie boards that you can post in for support and a good natter.  The October Girlies thread may interest you.

Laine x

1 - 4 of 4 Posts