Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,  :)

I was wondering if anyone out there might be in the same situation as me and my DH (Rob).

We have been trying to have a baby for 3 years.  Tests proved that I have polycystic ovaries and my DH
a below average sperm count.  We had 3 cycles of clomid which failed.  We have just started IUI.
I had my 9 day scan on Thursday which showed that I had no follicles ready, has this happened to anyone else?
I have to carry on with the injections (puregon) until Sunday and go back Monday for another scan. 
I am slightly worried that they still won't be ready. 

I would love to hear from and make friends with anyone who is going through the same thing.

Gemma x

·
Registered
6,258 Posts
hi there Gemma + welcome to FF :)

i am sorry you are having to go through all this but you have found a great source of support now + we will help all we can, i am going to leave you some useful links + i urge you to take a look, there will be lots of women who are on a similar journey to you + some who will be able to help

IUI board ~ http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?board=7.0

PCOS (polycystic ovaries) board ~ http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?board=13.0

for people in your area who can offer support (essex) ~ http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?board=228.0

what every member should know ~ http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=101841.0

there is also a search bar at the top of the page, if you want or are looking for something in particular you could use this to search for info ;)

if you have any ??'s dont hesitate to ask

i hope that the scan on monday brings you some better news ^hugme^

xxx

·
Premium Member
6,690 Posts
Hi Gemma,

Welcome to Fertility Friends, this site is fantastic for support, information and friendship  ^hugme^

Good luck with your tx  ^reiki^

Nikki xx

·
Premium Member
20,592 Posts
^hello^
& Welcome to FF Gemma ^hugme^

Ive not had IUI but I have had a poor response to medication during my IVF cycles
I'm not sure what the answer is, do you know what your hormone test levels were ? ie FSH, LH and E2 ???
the other factor to maybe ask about or look into is your thyroid levels,

Cleg has left you some direct links to boards here on FF - that you may or may not have found, I would like to encourage you to post in these areas to build friendships and support from members who really do have an understanding of your situation, I really hope that you find enough infomation friendship and support here on FF to get a BFP ^reiki^

Clomid ~
CLICK HERE

A rough guide to IVF
CLICK HERE

Poor responders - subject to new threads
CLICK HERE

ICSI Follow up Questions use the ones that apply
CLICK HERE

Investigations & Immunology
CLICK HERE

You may find there is an active running thread for ladies having treatment at the same clinic as you check both the ICSI & IVF boards as we don't have separate clinic threads for each.

And don't forget to have a bit of fun while you are on FF and check out the general chit chat / jokes / hobbies area
G&B – Community Fun board
CLICK HERE

To make the site easier to navigate click on the index tab at the top of any page - pink hearts mean there is something new within the board you have not read/looked at and if you scroll right down you will see the last ten posts from all over FF all are clickable ;) if you refresh this page (f5) it will update the last ten posts as well as the boards/threads and who's online!!!
take some time to look at the help tab too ;)

Check out the Locations boards for where you live & a site search for your clinic ;)

Wishing you Friendship ^fairydust^ & ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^
^goodluck^ Dont forget to let us know how you get on!

If you need any help just ask!

~Dizzi~
^willy nilly^

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Gemma

Welcome to FF.I'm a newie myself. ;D

I've just finished my 1st cycle of IUI.I have PCOS and my DH (paul) and i have been trying for 7 years and tried several different treatments.

Keep your chin up and good luck with everything.All women react differently to puregon.I only managed to produce one egg which i was devastated about. :'(Unfortunatley my IUI didn't work and i do my 2nd at the end of May.It's such a stressful thing to go through and i hope that like me you have many friends and family to support you.

Would love if you would let me know how you get on. ^hugme^

Alisha
x

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi,

Thanks for welcoming me to FF and for the advice given. I was quite nervous about my first post as I have never done anything like this before.  I am very pleased that people actually replied.

I had my second scan this morning and still no eggs, well there was one, but it was too small.
I have to go back on Thursday, if its still not good then have to have blood tests done.  Getting fed up with the injections and feeling quite deflated by it all now.

Alisha, sorry to hear your IUI didn't work, wish you lots of luck for your second try. Let me know how you get on.
I like you do have close friends and family that I talk and it is a great help but non of them really know what its like.
Anyway, I will keep my fingers crossed for everyone.  ^pray^

Gemma xx

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.