Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
^hello^

What a fabulous website!!

I am new to this website, hubby and I have been ttc for three and a half years now.   :(.

I have endo, and suffer quite a bit from it, it is making life pretty tough most of the time. 

Hubby and I decided to go ahead with mild stimulated ivf and i really hoped we would be succesful.  had EC couple of weeks ago and was told all was good with sperm and that I got three good eggs and two not so good but useable, they recommended normal ivf and not icsi as said no reason to do icsi. Embryologist seemed very confident as our first attempt I left clinic on cloud nine. 
Seemed so hopeful but next day first thing got a phonecall to say none had fertilised, i was sooo upset as was hubby, then went to see consultant apparently sperm had not binded to eggs at all so icsi is our only option, although natural conception is not out of the question.  Feel very upset and alone, try to talk to family and friends but hard for people to understand.

Have to save up for next cycle with icsi now, one of my best friends is BNP which i am struggling with and struggling with dealing with never having been and so wanting to be pregnent and have my adorable baby in my arms.

sorry to have gone on, has anyone else had similar problems? would be great to hear from any of you.

lots of  ^pray^ and fingers crossed

Love

Michelle

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Hi Michelle,

Welcome.

Sorry that you have a recent failed cycle.  I had zero fertilisation on my first cycle and even though it was four and half years ago I remember the pain as if it was yesterday - so I send you a big  ^hugme^ .  We did proceed with ICSI on our next cycle and that was successful - so I hope that I have given you hope there.

It is hard with other people as although they may sympathise they will never really by able to understand - that is why it is so great to have other people here to talk to that do.

Wishing you the best of luck.

Sue x

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Sue,

Thanks so much.  Really helps to hear someome else was in similar position and that you got a BFP on your first icsi.

All the luck in the world for your future plans  ::)

Michelle. ^rainbow^

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi Michelle

I just wanted to say I am so sorry things didn't work out for you and perhaps you should have been told to try ICSI first off as at least you know the sperm and egg meet.  My DH has a low sperm count and we just did an ICSI cycle - didn't work - I felt bad the first night I found out - but it's best to see the first one as a trial run - (easier said than done with the costs I know) - but it's also about finding out hwo you react to drugs - there's a list of 10 questions I have in a book somewhere that you should ask your consultant when you go back to meet him after a failed cycle - if you are interested I will post them here - they're good to use as a checklist - to remind yourself what to ask........ the one thing I find with a lot of these consultants is that they have so much knowledge - but they are so reluctant to share it - it's only by reading books - checking websites and using wesbites like this one - that you learn the information you need to be armed with before meeting them. 

Having just been through a failed cycle - I know how you feel - it's not a good feeling.......... but there are so many many stories of women who try again and again - and get their little bundle of joy.......... and given that you have time before you next cycle there are so many things you can do - foods to eat - vitamins to take - I swear by "Pro-Greens"- (can give you more detail if you are interested) - also your hubby - he needs to take vitamins also - as his sperm might need beefing up - Zita West does special vitamins for men with sperm probs and they have so improved the quality of my husbands sperm - use the time between now and your next cycle to do so many positive things in relation to preparing your body....... and you will be glad of the time.........

·
Premium Member
1,871 Posts
^hello^ michelle's wish!

Welcome to FF, your right this site is fab ;D, a great place to come for friendship and support :-* I'm really sorry to hear of your failed cycle, due to fertilisation ^hugme^. The girls that have replied have already left you with some fab advice, thank you ;). I'm going to leave some links which will take you to some of the boards they've mentioned and some other areas that may be useful :-*

What Every New Member Needs to Know ~
CLICK HERE

Negative cycle - CLICK HERE As the girls have already mentioned, prior to your IVF cycle there would have been no way to forsee the binding problem and I can only imagine how difficult after following the cycle how difficult it would've been not to even get to the 2ww ^hugme^ However, on a positive note, atleast your clinic now know about the binding problem, so moving forward they can offer you the correct treatment ^reiki^

For the ICSI board -CLICK HERE

ICSI - Questions for your first cycle consultation ~ (use the ones that apply)
CLICK HERE

Endo ~ CLICK HERE

A great place to get info on local clinics, meet up with other couples/ladies ttc for coffees, socials etc. Locations boards Did you have your soft cycle at Create? I am pretty sure there is a board running for soft cycles, let me know and I will find you the link ;)

DH may want to 'chat' to other guys on here!

The Mens Room~

CLICK HERE

That should keep you busy for a while! However, don't forget to have a bit of fun while you are on FF and check out the general chit chat / jokes / hobbies area
G&B - Community Fun board
CLICK HERE

To make the site easier to navigate click on the index tab at the top of any page - pink hearts mean there is something new within the board you have not read/looked at and if you scroll right down you will see the last ten posts from all over FF all are clickable ;) if you refresh this page (f5) it will update the last ten posts as well as the boards/threads and who's online!!!
take some time to look at the help tab too ;)

Wishing you Friendship ^fairydust^ & ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^
^goodluck^ Dont forget to let us know how you get on!
If you need any help just ask!

Louj :) :-*

·
Registered
3 Posts
hello michelle
just wanted to say hello and am really sorry your first ivf didnt work out-  it must have been devastating for you andveyr frustrating that your dr didnt suggest icsi in the first place as those eggs are precious and you worked hard to get them. i hope it has given you encouragement hearing all the success stories with icsi though - i also know someone who has had a baby with icsi so it does work! sending you lots of good luck if you decide to go ahead with more treatment  ^hugme^
ellie
x

1 - 6 of 6 Posts