Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, i have just finished 2ww which ended with BFN and AF on Monday.  Been at Homerton for 2 years now.  Last year BFP ended in m/c at 7 weeks....totally devastated....as this was 1st ever pregnancy for me at 39. 

Me and DH trying for 5 years and now feeling down this week, javascript:void(0);Cry..but i have to say finding this web-site was fantastic and hope all you wonderful families trying for babies I send all my love and baby dust and pray that we are successful.

Anyone else at Homerton Hospital IVF wants to talk and share experiences...going private now as we have had free NHS...may stay at Homerton....but unsure ...javascript:void(0);
Undecided

·
Registered
460 Posts
Hi lalamoo  :) welcome to ff

So sorry to hear you got a bfn  ^hugme^ wishing you the best of luck for your future tx and sending lots of  ^reiki^  ^reiki^

Laura xxx

·
Premium Member
18,308 Posts
Hello lalamoo, welcome to Fertility Friends. :)

I am very sorry to hear you have just had a negative outcome to your cycle ^hugme^ I know it's especially difficult after a m/c on the previous attempt. :(

You might find it helpful to discuss your feelings on our Negative Cycle boards here:

Negative cycle ~ CLICK HERE

I can't advise you about the Homerton I am afraid as I am not familiar with them but we do have a Homerton thread here:

Homerton Hunnies ~ CLICK HERE

You can also look at their clinic statstics here: http://guide.hfea.gov.uk/guide/pdf/0153.pdf

This might help you make a decision on whether you think treatment with them is your best option. Personally, my feeling is that I would have a good look at what is available within reasonable distance / cost for you and chose the clinic that offers the best success rates for your age range. That might well be the Homerton and, if you have been happy there and think their treatment appropriate for you then perhaps stay but, keep your options open. You might want to look at the HFEA website to see what is available and also at the Clinic Reviews section here to get personal opinions from patients:

www.hfea.gov.uk

Clinic Reviews ~ CLICK HERE

If you do look at other clinics, you can usually find discussions about them on here and, often, threads for their patients to use (like the Homerton one) so you can always nip in and ask the patients questions about costs and treatment options that way. Or you can look on the Locations boards for your area, which is a good way of meeting people in your area and getting advice.

I will leave you with a few more links that I think you might find helpful to look at while you are here:

What Every New Member Needs To Know (includes a list of common abbreviations) ~ CLICK HERE

What can improve egg quality and quantity ~ CLICK HERE

TTC over 40 ~ CLICK HERE

And don't forget to have a bit of fun while you are on FF and check out the general chit chat / jokes / hobbies area:

Girl & Boy talk - Community & Fun Board ~ CLICK HERE

You can also chat live in our excellent chat room. We have a newbie night in the chat room every week (Wednesday at 8pm), where you can meet other new members and get technical support with navigating the site and using all the functions available here. CLICK HERE FOR INFO ON NEWBIE CHAT

Wishing you lots of luck. Please do dive right on in and start posting and asking questions on FF. I am sure you will get loads of support. ^reiki^

C~x

·
Registered
119 Posts
Hi lalamoo,
              I was so upset about what you have been through i had a good cry myself! I hope future tx goes better for u sweety and i'll be praying for you from the bottom of my heart. ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^          joe

·
Premium Member
13,830 Posts
Hi lalamoo and welcome to the site :)

You have come to a fantastic site full of advice and support and you have been left some great links to try out.

Im sorry to read that you have just had a BFN following treatment and that you have suffered a miscarriage, this cannot have been easy for you but there are people on this site who have experienced this and can offer some support. I wish you all the luck for the future and that you get a miracle.

Kate xx

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi, everyone

my DH took me away for a long weekend too rest and recover and got back last night...which helped 

i would like to send my thanks for your support Caz, Laura and Kate and i will be looking at the links more closely to figure out what to do next.

Sending my love and best wishes to you joeimpatient for your tx too. 

Hoping for miracles to all who are trying!

Mariax

·
Premium Member
3,760 Posts
Hello and welcome to FF lalamoo, I'm really sorry to hear this month wasn't to be ^hugme^ - I hope you get a BFP really soon ^reiki^

xx

1 - 8 of 8 Posts