Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I cannot believe I've only just found this site. What a godsend!

Me and my DP are beginning DIUI in the summer after I've had a Hy-co-sy in May. We found out August last year that my DP has XXY syndrome, which meant he has absolutely no sperm.
I don't need to say how devastating this was. I have found it really hard to come to terms with if I'm honest. I sometimes feel that my DP has agreed to go through this for my sake, although when we talk he always says he's fine about it.
Although we have told close family and friends, I feel really isolated as I feel that nobody has a clue what I'm going through.
Sometimes I feel really positive but other times I feel really depressed and pesimistic about it. My DP has the attitude that this is what we have to do to have a baby and thats it. He doesn't understand my need to talk about everything, though I do need to talk about it quite alot!
It's really good to know there are others going through the same as me as nobody can understand what you're going through unless they are going through it too.
At the moment, I can't see the baby at the end of all this, I feel like thats being too optimistic, especially as we only get 3 cycles on the NHS. Basically I just feel so alone at the moment.

Thanks for letting me get that off my chest! xx 

·
Premium Member
8,035 Posts
Hi :)

Welcome to Fertility Friends. Glad you've joined us, and I agree, the site is an absolute Godsend :) I am sure you will find tremendous support here.

Please do come and join us on the Anyone Else Using Donor Sperm? thread. Just follow the link :) If you look through the pages, you'll see there's a list there that shows all the people on the thread and what stage they're at :) We are all at various stages, so you will be in good company :)

http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,27346.90.html

I think it's natural to not see the baby at the end of it all, I felt the same.

Wishing you loads of luck for your treatment.

Jayne x

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for that, Jayne, I will do.

After feeling so isolated (and sorry for myself!) these past few months, I feel alot more positive already. Especially after seeing your 2 gorgeous children, there is hope for us!

Thanks again

Abby xxx (berrygirl)

·
Premium Member
8,035 Posts
Hi Abby

Thanks for your lovely comment on Jack and Ben.  I am glad they are an inspiration to you  :) 

Going to lock this thread now as you've joined us on the other one  :)

Love

Jayne x  :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.