Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi my name is Katie and this is my first cycle of IVF. I had my ET Monday and am now waiting (impatiently) for test day!

I am 26 and live in Hull. I have been married for 6 years trying for a baby for around 5 years, then tests showed I have PCOS and blocked tubes.

I'm looking to chat to other people going through the same or if anyone has any advice on how to avoid going crazy in the 2 week wait would be good.

Katie

·
Registered
346 Posts
Hello Katie. I am fairly new myself so can't offer much support as I am going for my ET for tomorrow, however what I can say is the support you get here is absolutely phenomenal. Sending you lots of  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ for your 2ww.

·
Premium Member
18,308 Posts
Hello katiejane, welcome to Fertility Friends. :)

It was lovely to see you in chat tonight. I hope you found it useful and will pop back in there at some point.

The 2ww is the home straight but it's also the hardest bit because you're just sitting around and waiting. The second week is the worst though but please do think positive. We have a saying on FF - PUPO or Pregnant Until Proven Otherwise and I think it's a great way of looking at it.

Here are some links you might find useful to check out while you are here. In particular I would recommend the 2ww boards and encourage you to post on the current thread there and make friends as I know they can be huge support to you, expecially on your "wobble" days which you will have:

What Every New Member Needs To Know (includes a list of common abbreviations) ~ CLICK HERE

IVF General ~ CLICK HERE

2WW, Ladies in Waiting ~ CLICK HERE

And don't forget to have a bit of fun while you are on FF and check out the general chit chat / jokes / hobbies area:

Girl & Boy talk - Community & Fun Board ~ CLICK HERE

You can also "meet" and chat with people in your local area through the Location boards. This is especially useful to find people who may be using the same clinic and or in the same PCT area. And of course there is always the chat room which is open 24/7 but it espcially busy in the evenings. Do post and start making friends on here. I am sure oyu will never regret joining if you do!

Lots of luck. ^reiki^

C~x

·
Premium Member
13,830 Posts
Hi Katie and welcome to the site :)

You have come to a fantastic site full of advice and support and you have been left some great links to try out.

I just wanted to wish you loads of luck with the 2ww and that it brings a positive result.

Kate xx

·
Premium Member
3,760 Posts
Hi Katie, welcome to FF, you've come to the right place, you'll be overwhelmed with the friendship and support, I know I was (and still am!)  I've been amember for around 3 years now and I'm proud to say I've made some (I hope) life long friends, some of whom I've met up with in 'real life' :)

Wishing you lots of luck with your treatment xx

·
Premium Member
11,096 Posts
Hello Katie  :)

Welcome to FF

I'm glad you found us at this time - you wouldn't be the first person to need the support during the  ^idiot^ 2ww  ;)

I wish you lots of luck for the outcome  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Love

Emma x

·
Registered
17 Posts
^hello^ Kate,

A huge welcome to FF. Im new too but everyone has been so friendly and welcoming and Im so glad I found this site.

Just want to say, I have everything crossed for you and hope that your  ^2ww^ flies by.

Take care  ^hugme^ XXXX

1 - 7 of 7 Posts