Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
^wave^ I have just joined so thought I would introduce myself. Both myself and my DH are 32, we have been TTC for almost 2 years. After 6 months my GP referred me to a gynae consultant. I had ultrasounds which showed I had PCOS and don't ovulate, though I have only had one day 21 blood test. HSG was clear which is great. At my last appointment we were told that my DH has a low sperm count, we were shocked and put on the waiting list for IVF. She didn't want to start me on Clomid due to his SA, he has since seen a urologist who has told him that he does have a low sperm count but as only less than 4% is abnormal and motility was good so no treatment is needed. Im very confused and don't really understand everything and what to expect on my next appointment in June.

I want to thank you for reading this and can't wait to get to know you all. XXX

·
Registered
794 Posts
^hello^
and welcome :) you will find everyone really friendly and helpful so no need to be shy, i'm afraid i cant really help with your questins as we havent started treatment yet either and are still a little confused ourselves!! ^idiot^
I too was diagnosed with PCO  after an ultra sound scan but luckily my day 21 test said that I was ovulating (although i too have only had one test done)  DH also has low count (only 1.7 million but what is there are all good swimmers  ^HappySperm^ ^HappySperm^ )  so it sounds like we are in a very similar boat!!
What i would suggest though is for your next appointment make a list of all your questions and make sure you get answers to them all!!
I'm sure one of the mods will be along soon that will be able to help out
^hugme^

·
Premium Member
1,871 Posts
^hello^ Dippy Duck!

Welcome to FF, glad that you've found us! It certainly does help you keep sane on here, well has almost for me ;D

Aww, I remember, It is very confusing and frustrating when you are just starting out ^hugme^. However,sounds good news on DH's sa! Perhaps, it would be worth ringing the clinic on the back of these new findings and asking if you can start with clomid now?

I'm going to leave you some links that will be useful for you to get further information and also to 'meet' other members who are going through the same thing ^afro^.

Starting out & Diagnosis ~
CLICK HERE

What Every New Member Needs to Know ~
CLICK HERE

Links for IVF and IUI, IUI may now be an option in light of your partners new SA

IUI - CLICK HERE

A rough guide to IVF
http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/content/view/106/3/

Link for clomid as per your latest sa!

Clomid ~CLICK HERE

PCOS
CLICK HERE

Posting this link as I think it may help you understand the changes in your dh's sa
Male factors -CLICK HERE

That should keep you busy for a while! However, don't forget to have a bit of fun while you are on FF and check out the general chit chat / jokes / hobbies area
G&B - Community Fun board
CLICK HERE

To make the site easier to navigate click on the index tab at the top of any page - pink hearts mean there is something new within the board you have not read/looked at and if you scroll right down you will see the last ten posts from all over FF all are clickable ;) if you refresh this page (f5) it will update the last ten posts as well as the boards/threads and who's online!!!
take some time to look at the help tab too ;)

Check out the Locations boards for where you live & a site search for your clinic ;) I've found this particularly good to meet local girls and support groups, also handy to get the lowdown on the local clinics ;) :)

Sending you lots of ^reiki^ and ^fairydust^ Wishing you all the best for your forthcoming treatment :-*

Louj x :-* :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Charlie,

Thank you so much for your reply, It is so nice to know Im not on my own. Don't worry that you could not answer my question's, we seem to be at the same stage. What is next for you?

A great idea to write down my question's, why didn't I think of that  ;D It really is all confusing and all the waiting doesn't help but we will all get there in the end.

Everyone on here are so nice and friendly and can't wait to get to know you all. Thanks again. I hope you have a good day  ^hugme^

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
^hello^ louj,

Thank you for such a nice welcome, I think Im going to like it on here, everyone seem's so friendly. I will look at link's you put down for me and hope to find my way round soon.

Calling the hospital sounds a good idea and will talk to my husband, my appointment is in only 29 days so do you think its still worth doing?

Thank you again  ^hugme^

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
^hello^ Jo and froggie,

Its so nice to find such a friendly site, thank you for the welcome it means a lot.
^hugme^

·
Premium Member
13,830 Posts
Hi Dippy duck and welcome to the site :)

You have come to a fantastic place full of support and advice and you have been left some great links to try out.

sorry to hear you have PCOS and dont ovulate and that your partner has a low sperm count. As the others have said if they will not give you treatment like IVF then they should try you with the clomid to at least make you ovulate and give you a chance. I wish you luck with the appointment.

Kate xx

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi Kate,

Thank you for the reply, sorry for the delay in replying I have not been well and my AF has been a nightmare but feeling a bit better now.

We are on the waiting list for IVF, we were put on it in Feb this year but Im hoping that now my DH has see the urologist that we may not need it now,  ^pray^ so Im really hoping that I can start clomid now.

Congratulations on the little one on the way, Everyone seem so nice and hope to feel at home soon. Hope you are having a good weekend and take care  ^hugme^

·
Premium Member
6,690 Posts
Hi Dippy Duck (love the name  ;) )

Welcome to Fertility Friends, this site is fantastic for support, information and friendship  ^hugme^

Good luck on your Journey  ^reiki^  ^reiki^

Nikki xx

1 - 11 of 11 Posts