Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! I'm 31 and nearing the end of my first cycle of IVF and just wanted to share my experiences so far...
My husband had an unsuccessful vasectomy reversal 2 and a half years ago, and I have hormonal imbalances which would make it difficult for me to conceive naturally.
Since I started my IVF cycle we've been eating and drinking as much organic food as is possible, taking the Marilyn Glenville vitamins every day (recommended by one of the IVF nurses), and I've been drinking solgar whey protein daily (1 scoop in milk-bought at on-line health shop).
Unfortunately I didn't respond too well to to the Gonal F (max strength 450iui daily!!) and only had 2 mature follies on my final scan. I was devastated and was given the option of abandoning the cycle. My husband though thought  that I needed to "see it through" and I'm so glad now we did, because yesterday I managed to get 5 eggs, of which 4 have now successfully fertilized via ICSI! So please don't despair if you find yourself in the same situation as me because things can improve in the final run up to EC.
I think the vitamins and diet really helped us coz my husbands count and motility was almost normal, compared to poor motility and low count just a few months before.
Also I'm a major coward and EC really wasn't as bad as I thought it would be! (I was crying with fear walking down to the operating theatre!)
After the "gin and tonic" aka sedative and painkiller I was fine. It was like I just didn't care what they did! It was also over really quickly. I've got period like cramps now, but paracetamol helps with that.
I've got my embryo transfer tomorrow morning and am praying for a positive result, not just for me but for everyone out there. After going through this IVF rollercoater, we all deserve to get the baby of our dreams!
Good luck and lots of baby dust sprinkles to everyone out there!
love Kelsey xx

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
Hi Kelsey

Welcome to ff hun wishing you all the best with your transfer and what a wonderful story to read will keep you in my prayers i hope you get a bfp

love always lilly xx

·
Premium Member
1,259 Posts
Hi Kelsey

Welcome to FF - wishing you lots of luck with your transfer !

Clare

·
Premium Member
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your support!  It's nice to know I'm not alone in this as everyone I know seems to be able to get pregant so easily, which seems so unfair! It really is a great site and I'm so glad I've found it whatever the outcome...
Good luck to everyone!
luv Kel xx

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Hi Kelsey

Welcome to FF!

Wishing you luck with your tx.

Laine x

1 - 5 of 5 Posts