Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi I'm new to this board.............after a long and hard and unsuccessful fertility journey we have decided to adopt. We've attended the pre-adoption training and had the home visit and are waiting to be assigned a social worker. Not sure where I should start posting on here?? any advice very gratefully accepted, can't wait to get started.........
lol
Deborah
xxx

·
Premium Member
1,000 Posts
Hi ya, Welcome aboard.

You will get lots of support and advice on here, everybody is very friendly.

We also had a very long period before ending up here, but we have just got through all the homestudy and are due to go to panel soon :)
We have found the whole Adoption process very positive and you can have a hand in your fate where as Fertility treatment is out of your hands.

We put 110% into our homestudy and we got it back from our Social Worker who has been fantastic, i started reading a lot and so did DW and it really helped us through the HS.

Hope all goes smoothly for you as it is has been great for us up to now!!

Cheese   

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Hi Deborah,

Aw hunny, you've had a long hard journey.  Us too.  :(  It's not easy is it?

We have only just started the adoption seminars.  (We live in New Zealand.)  The first one was amazing and I left feeling more positive than I have in a long time.  ^reiki^

There is a thread here called Adoption Virgins for all us beginners.  You might want to pop along there and post.  :)

See you around... and good luck with your journey.  ^hugme^ ^hugme^

Boomy xx

·
Registered
244 Posts
Hi Deborah

Welcome to this board. I am sure you will find it informative and friendly................I certainly have.

Advice? Oh soooo much goes on during home study but i would say be honest with the SW, yourself and partner. try to enjoy it. We spent soooo much time with our SW we think of her as a friend now and look forward to her visits!!She proabably knows more about us from HS than any of our friends and family! ;D

Reading up on adoption is a sound piece of advice. There are lots of books out there and a thread that lists titles. If you want to pm me i can let you know the books i found useful.

Also i would say get as much child care experience as you can. I know it can be difficult, i found it very awkward..... but it looks great on your F1 form and it is invaluable when you have your own little one at home to care for!!!!!

I wish you all the very best Deborah at the start of your new journey

HHH ^rainbow^

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hi
thanks for your replies, will have a look at the adoption virgins board............long time since I was in that category ;D

am just trying to get my SW dept to allocate us a Social Worker, they can't tell us when it might be, only that it will be within 6 months!!  :eek: any advice on hurrying them up?

lol
D
xxx

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hi Deborah, got your PM and replied.
You are a bit ahead of us, so I shall be coming to you for advice  :p.xxx

·
Registered
8,127 Posts
Deborah - welcome and pleased to here you are getting closer to becoming a mummy. No wise advice from me but I just know that you'll get so much out of adoption as in my short 3 months of the process I'm realising that each step gives such satisfaction after such a disappointing ride through treatment.  ^hugme^ Good luck.

Kay xxx

1 - 7 of 7 Posts