Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Firstly Hi to everyone
i am currently on buserelin, started Christmas Morning.
First time round for IVF, so am really nervous and dont really know what to expect.
not sure what some of the abbreviations mean on here, like what everyone has at the bottom of their posts, or how to add it on for me, but sure i will catch on.
be nice to chat as hubby not the chatable sort, and not many ppl i know, know whats going on just immediate family, and a best mate.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Hi Jade,

I posted yesterday as I am also new to the site. I have my first appointment at the fertiltity clinic next week for ICSI. Thought that maybe we could chat as it sounds like we are in a similar situation. What do you think?

Vicki x

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeh that would be nice, thanks,
nice to know i am not the only one this is happening too,
xx

·
Registered
123 Posts
I feel exactly the same way

Vicki x

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi there, we are in a same sex relationship and have just found out we are pregnant xmas eve after our first attempt at IVF.  I started on the Burselin, then along krept in other injections etc, a saw process and I looked like a pin cushion!  This process didnt work for me.  The idea was to get me to menopausal state then boost me back up.  I didnt react to this so I ended up on a short protocol.  I had no Burselin, they boosted me up whilst my bodies own hormone levels were at their norm.  My FSH levels were too high and the drugs couldnt reach all the way back up!  This was poss due to my age as im now 40.  The injections are daunting, my partner, who hates needles did well injecting me as I couldnt do it myself.  There are alot of factors and decisions to make along the way depending on how your body reacts to the treatment your on.  I had to have many internal scans to see the development of my folicles.  They did as they were told and grew to the correct size eventually.  I had to go through egg collection, which is quite daunting and very uncomfortable.  Its all worth giving it a go.  Be strong and positive and we wish you all the best.  Dont beat yourself up if you have to try a few different ways.  Fingers crossed for you both and if you need to chat, please get in touch.  Roma and Nina.x

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hi, 2moms2b.
i hate needles too, my hubby injects me every moring b4 he goes to work, i hate needles but its a case of having to get used to them.
its the bruising and feeling like a pin cushion like you said which gets me down, quite tearful alot of the time. but now i have this horrendous lower back ache/pain tying not to get to worried about it buts its hard not to, dont want nothing to go wrong at this early stage.

·
Premium Member
12,192 Posts
Welcome to FF, Jaded! This is a great website for support, information, laughter and friendship, it has kept me (relatively!) sane though all my treatment. I don't know how I would have coped without the lovely people here. Have a good look round the site, post in whatever section you want and make yourself at home. There are so many sections here with a huge amount of information, so whatever you are going through there will be someone here to help you.

Oh, don't get me started on needles! I am a total needle and hospital phobic!! When my dad was in hospital many years ago I remember fainting a couple of times! Once he showed me his scar and down I went! :-[ I always have to look away when someone sticks a needle in my arm, when I had the injections for IVF my DH did them and I had the tv on so I could concentrate on something else! Don't worry about feeling emotional, that just comes with the drugs.

We do have a Rough Guide To IVF ~CLICK HERE which will let you know what you are likely to expect.

Here are some other links that I think might be useful to you:

IVF General chat ~ CLICK HERE

While undergoing treatment, you might find it useful to join other ladies having treatment at the same time. The Cycle Buddies threads are just for that. Here is the link to the January/February section ~ CLICK HERE

The What Every New Member Needs To Know thread will give you some info on how to navigate the site as well as a list of common abbreviations ~ CLICK HERE

We also have a newbie night in the chat room every Wednesday where you can meet other new members and a few more experienced (I won't use the term "old"!) members will be there to answer any questions you have about the site. CLICK HERE FOR INFO ON NEWBIE CHAT

If you look on the main forum index you will find location boards. You can find others in your area, and even people going to the same clinic who will provide invaluable advice - some groups even have meet ups.

Please feel free to ask more questions here, or on any other part of the site, there will be wonderful helpful people there to give you lots of support, information and cyber hugs if you need it. We go through all the highs and lows of treatment together.

Good luck ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Sue ^hugme^

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.