Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone
I have being reading this site for a while and have tried, unsuccessfully, to join in the past (don't know what I was doing wrong) but managed to join up yesterday so I am delighed.
I am now 44 (sounds old, but I don't feel it!) and have been married for nearly 3 years.   My dh and I have being ttc for over 6.5 years with a mc 5.5 years ago.   I have 2 dd from previous relationships and this is my 1st marriage.   My dh does not have any children so he would dearly love a child.
We were referred to IVI Valencia in Sept 06, had 1 fresh transfer there in July 07 but it was unsuccessful.  We were unhappy with the wait and moved to IVI Alicante in Jan this year and had a frozen tsfr in March also unsuccessful.   We are now waiting to start another fresh cycle in Alicante.

There seem to be a few people here who are going to IVI and I would love to chat with them.

looking forward to chatting with you all,

Vanilla23  :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi Im new

I have similar circumstances. Im 43 and have 2 children from a previous relationship. Im now in a new relationship and we have been ttc for the last 2.5 years (he doesnt have any children). We have been complacent thinking it will happen particularly as I have already had children. But we thought we'd better seek help and went for consultation. Had usual blood tests etc and my FSH is high at 18.9. Our next appointment is going to be about advising us on egg donation. But we want to try with mine first if anyone will let us. Am new to all this jargon, tests etc! Have pulled my finger out in the last 2 weeks, Im seeing an accupuncturist, taking some foul herbal teas and also am dosing myself up on green tea, agnus castus etc, etc.....We have our appt with Bourn on Monday but im not optimistic about what they will advise us to do, so am going to contact Lister as others on this site seem to recommend it for people with high FSH and of course my age! I did wonder if the FSH result only countered if it was taken on Day2 only? I have had lower FSH results from blood tests in between my cycle, could these count at all?
Anyway, would value any support from women of my age and similar circumstances with any encouraging info/ advice/ guidance.

Many thanks

Delhi

·
Premium Member
20,592 Posts
^hello^
& Welcome to FF vanilla23 ^hugme^

^congrats^ on your wedding hope you had a fantastic day, sorry however to read about your m/c and failed treatment so far :'(
I hope that by joining us you will soon be making new friends who understand your journey and can help you through the down days .

I am going to leave you some direct links to boards here on FF - that you may or may not have found, I would like to encourage you to post in these areas to build friendships and support from members who really do have an understanding of your situation, While undergoing treatment, you might find it useful to join other ladies having treatment at the same time.
The Cycle Buddies threads are just for that.
You will fnd a thread, usually with a funny/inspiring name for this year's buddies. Just pop along to the appropriate month and say "Hi" when you are ready to start treatment.

For Cycle buddies -
CLICK HERE

TTC over 40 -
CLICK HERE

Secondary Infertility
CLICK HERE

We also have a section on FF called Babydust, where parents can chat and share parenting tips.

And don't forget to have a bit of fun while you are on FF and check out the general chit chat / jokes / hobbies area
G&B – Community Fun board
CLICK HERE

To make the site easier to navigate click on the index tab at the top of any page - pink hearts mean there is something new within the board you have not read/looked at and if you scroll right down you will see the last ten posts from all over FF all are clickable ;) if you refresh this page (f5) it will update the last ten posts as well as the boards/threads and who's online!!!
take some time to look at the help tab too ;)

Check out the Locations boards for where you live & a site search for your clinic ;)

Wishing you Friendship ^fairydust^ & ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^
^goodluck^ Dont forget to let us know how you get on!

If you need any help just ask!

~Dizzi~
^willy nilly^

·
Registered
11,791 Posts
Hi Vanilla23

Welcome to FF  :)  I am sure you will find this site of such great support.

Sorry to hear about your previous treatments, its so hard this IF lark isn't it ???

Dizzi has left you some great links ~ I would really recommend the Cycle Buddies, its great to be able to talk to other ladies going through treatment at the same time as you.

Wishing you all the best

x x x x x

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Many thanks Delhi Dizzy and Scooby for welcoming me to this site.... ;D
I will check out the other links and hopefully make some new friends soon....
I'm sorry I can't help you with the FSH levels Delhi as mine were fine.  It's also very hard to know what to do about the length of time you keep trying with your own eggs and making the decision to quit and move on to donor eggs.  I think you will have to come to that decision yourself and be happy with it. I know I panic a lot because of my age and i know time is just not on my side.  As you can see I have already changed Clinics because the first one was not moving fast enough for me...
anyway best of luck with whatever you decide
Vanilla23

·
Premium Member
13,830 Posts
Hi vanilla23 and welcome to the site :)

You have come to a fantastic place full of advice and support.

I am so sorry to hear of your failed treatments and i really wish you luck with your next treatment and that it brings a positive result.

Kate xx

1 - 6 of 6 Posts