Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I've never joined a forum before so I'm very new to this.

Starting treatment again later this month and I'm really nervous about it. You see, this is our 2nd time of going down the ICSI route - the 1st time began in Summer 2003 - I was lucky in a way because we ended up with 18 fertilized eggs and managed to have 3 lots of ET's (sorry if I'm using the wrong terminology) - I actually got pregnant with twins at the 3rd and final attempt. Bled at 6 weeks and lost one of my babies and at the 12 week scan found out the the other one didn't have a heartbeat (missed m/c they called it).  Completely heartbroken - my DH ended up with a near nervous breakdown due to the whole emotional strain IVF put on us.

Its taken us nearly 2 years to get the courage to start again but this time we know there is one major difference from the last time - the fact that I did get pregnant before means I can do it again however long it takes and I think you also learn a lot from experience in what works and what doesn't. Our nurse at the clinic is wonderful and really supportive and she's also taking the time to make sure my husband will be able to cope with things better this time round - I know very often the man gets ignored.

I've joined the forum really so I can get advice and support so it takes a bit of pressure of my DH in that the IVF/ICSI doesn't take over our lives again. Sorry for going on but its taken me weeks to gain the courage to post - silly I know.

·
Premium Member
4,394 Posts
Welcome MaryMary to FF!

I am so glad you have found the courage to post!

I am so sorry for your loss with you first icsi  ^Cuddle^

You have come to the right place for advice and support.

I suggest you pop over to the icsi board and also have a look at the Cycle buddies board, as you can join other ladies who are about to start treatment too and perhaps cycle with them :)

Good Luck on your journey and chat soon ....

Love ... Belinda xx

·
Premium Member
5,207 Posts
Hi Marymary and welcome to FF :)

I was really nervous when i first joined but everyone is lovely and incredibly supportive.....really good to have you on here.

I'm so sorry about your loss....can't imagine how awful that must have been for you both.

I'll leave a link to the May/June buddies for you: http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php/board,62.0.html.
There is a Mens Room too if your DH would like somewhere to let off steam and chat about stuff :)

Loads of luck and babydust to you both, Lizzy xxxx

·
Registered
24 Posts
New too!

Good luck!! Hope it works out for you this time. No advice 'cos only just starting out on this business myself.

Nixsie xx

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you all very much. The drugs arrived yesterday morning and I must admit I'm getting quite excited now and just want this whole process to begin again.  :)I will definitely have a look at the all the boards you've recommended. I've just told my DH about the men's room and he was well chuffed that there is something there for him - I think because the majority of our family and friends have children its so difficult for them to understand what we're going through so it will be great for him to talk to other men.

Really appreciate all your help and support. Good luck to everybody too.  ^reiki^
Marymary xxx

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Hi Marymary

I am also new to this website and can honestly say it has been the best kind of support. Every body I have contacted have been lovely and given me so much support and advice. My journey is only at the beginning and I have just been referred to the Essex fertility centre Holly House and my DP and I are just waiting to hear whether we can get funding for our first try of IVF on the NHS.

I wish you and you DH all the very best and Hope that this time round your dreams come true.

Jayb xx

·
Premium Member
1,043 Posts
Hi Marymary

Just wanted to welcome you to FF and wish you the best of luck with your treatment.

You and your DH have been through so much ^hugme^ - you have definitely come to the right place to get lots of support.

Take care

^fairydust^

Terri xx

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.