Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone ! Have finally plucked up the courage to post so here goes.

I met my DH in 2003 and got married 2004. Started TTC 2004 then had MC Feb 2005. Got pg naturally then had DD June 2006. Another MC March 2007 and nothing since then. Due to my age (41) we started IVF Feb08. 1st IVF was BFN and 2nd due to start May08 at GCRM in Glasgow using my own eggs. Not sure whether we should go for donor eggs next time if this doesn't work??

Have been reading the FF site for several weeks now and realise what a great support it can be since anyone not experiencing fertility problems can't possibly understand what we are going through. I appreciate I have been extremely lucky to have my DD but would absolutely love for her to have a wee brother or sister to play with.

Would love to join the Glasgow group and the TTC over 40 group too but not sure how to do that?! Have tried to add my details to the end of my profile but each time I try to save it disappears! Not sure if i'm dong it right.

Looking forward to starting my next treatment and am feeling confident that it will work this time! Would love to chat to anyone else at GCRM or anywhere else who is having treatment at the same time as me.

Em x

·
Registered
288 Posts
Hi Emmypops

Sorry you're struggling to conceive too hun. Glad you've posted as this site is an amazing help to me and I'm sure it will be for you too.  :)

You should come and join us on the secondary infertility thread. Go to the index and you'll find the link to follow on there. There is a daily messages section which you can post on. We are all lovely and you can chat as much as you like with us.

Take care and hopefully speak to you soon  ^hugme^
Jo
xxx

·
Registered
261 Posts
Hi Emma

I just joined FF myself last week and love the support network and information it offers.
Sorry to hear your struggling to conceive :(
I've been TTC for 3 yrs now but have had tests done at the RAH paisley and they have come back unexplained :( will hopefully be getting a referral to the Royal in Glasgow soon though...
Good luck and hope you get the BFP your looking for ;)
Take care

emmypops said:
Hi everyone ! Have finally plucked up the courage to post so here goes.

I met my DH in 2003 and got married 2004. Started TTC 2004 then had MC Feb 2005. Got pg naturally then had DD June 2006. Another MC March 2007 and nothing since then. Due to my age (41) we started IVF Feb08. 1st IVF was BFN and 2nd due to start May08 at GCRM in Glasgow using my own eggs. Not sure whether we should go for donor eggs next time if this doesn't work??

Have been reading the FF site for several weeks now and realise what a great support it can be since anyone not experiencing fertility problems can't possibly understand what we are going through. I appreciate I have been extremely lucky to have my DD but would absolutely love for her to have a wee brother or sister to play with.

Would love to join the Glasgow group and the TTC over 40 group too but not sure how to do that?! Have tried to add my details to the end of my profile but each time I try to save it disappears! Not sure if i'm dong it right.

Looking forward to starting my next treatment and am feeling confident that it will work this time! Would love to chat to anyone else at GCRM or anywhere else who is having treatment at the same time as me.

Em x

·
Premium Member
1,871 Posts
^hello^ Emmypops
& Welcome to FF

Well done on plucking up the courage for doing your first post on FF, I must warn you though that now you have started it is highly addictive ;D

I am going to leave you some direct links to boards here on FF - I know that you would like to post on the scottish boards and over 40 boards ttc, so have found you those links first! If you go the the last message in the thread, you will find a reply button, just post hi with a quick intro and all the girls will be more than happy to welcome you.

Scottish Girls IVF

http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=135464.240

Over 40's ttc

http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?board=163.0

And don't forget to have a bit of fun while you are on FF and check out the general chit chat / jokes / hobbies area
G&B - Community Fun board
CLICK HERE

To make the site easier to navigate click on the index tab at the top of any page - pink hearts mean there is something new within the board you have not read/looked at and if you scroll right down you will see the last ten posts from all over FF all are clickable ;) if you refresh this page (f5) it will update the last ten posts as well as the boards/threads and who's online!!!
take some time to look at the help tab too ;)

Check out the Locations boards for where you live & a site search for your clinic ;)

Wishing you Friendship ^fairydust^ & ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^
^goodluck^ Dont forget to let us know how you get on!
If you need any help just ask!

Louj x
;D

·
Premium Member
13,830 Posts
Hi Em and welcome to the site :)

You have come to a fantastic place full of advice and support.

Sorry to hear of your problems with trying for a baby and the failed treatment, this cannot have been an easy time. How lovely to hear you have a daughter :) I want to wish you loads of luck with your upcoming treatment and that it ends with a positive result.

Kate xx

1 - 5 of 5 Posts