Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

My name is Angela and I am new to this site.
I am 40 DH is 43 and we have been trying to start a family for 2 years.

We have gotten pg naturally twice, once in Jan 07 and once in Aug 07 - both ended in m/c, the first at 11 weeks the second at 6 weeks. Since then we have not managed to catch.
We are now being investigated for infertility issues and have just found out that I have a low antral follicle number (a measure of ovarian reserve). So it is looking very unlikely that we will be able to get pg with my eggs (naturally or otherwise) (and it probably explains the m/cs since it means the eggs I do produce are likely to be of poor quality)

So we are now considering IVF with donor eggs and looking into the options. I was shocked by the long waiting list in this country (2-3 years where we are) and so also wanted to find out about going abroad for treatment.

Any tips or pointers or anyone going through the same thing?

Angela

·
Registered
849 Posts
welcome to FF  ;D
sorry to hear about your losses :'(
I'm sure one of the lovely moderators will be along shortly to leave you all the links etc so you can have a good look round
i don't have any answers re ivf - not there yet  :-\ but there are many who are and I'm sure your find some answers to your questions
^hugme^
kate

·
Registered
460 Posts
Hi Angela, welcome to FF  ^wave^

So sorry to hear the problems you've been facing, you will find so much support and advice on this site.  There will be someone along shortly to point you in the right direction, there is probably a board for IVF with donor eggs I'm sure where you will find lots of ladies who understand your situation.

Good luck with your IVF ^hugme^

^fairydust^

·
Premium Member
20,592 Posts
^hello^
& Welcome to FF Angela ^hugme^

I am sorry to read about your losses and need for DE IVF to have a family,
I too am needing DE and looking at going abroad and I know of many FF members who have sucessfully took this route,
choosing a clinic will be the hardest thing! you should be able to email most of them and work out where to go, read a few of the threads on here and go from there.

I am going to leave you some direct links to boards here on FF - that you may or may not have found, I would like to encourage you to post in these areas to build friendships and support from members who really do have an understanding of your situation,
What Every New Member Needs to Know
CLICK HERE

FERTILITY INFO GUIDES
CLICK HERE
While undergoing treatment, you might find it useful to join other ladies having treatment at the same time.
The Cycle Buddies threads are just for that.
You will fnd a thread, usually with a funny/inspiring name for this year's buddies. Just pop along to the appropriate month and say "Hi" when you are ready to start treatment.
For Cycle buddies -
CLICK HERE

Donor sperm/eggs
CLICK HERE
Pregnancy loss CLICK HERE

Forget me not ~ A place for our members to remember their loved but lost babies.
CLICK HERE

TTC over 40 -
CLICK HERE

2 of the international clinics/places for DE
Czech Republic ~
CLICK HERE

Spain
CLICK HERE

There is India and South africa too ;)

And don't forget to have a bit of fun while you are on FF and check out the general chit chat / jokes / hobbies area
G&B - Community Fun board
CLICK HERE
You can also chat live in our excellent chat room.
We have a newbie night in the chat room every week (Wednesday at 8pm), where you can meet other new members and get technical support
navigating the site and using all the functions available here. CLICK HERE FOR INFO ON NEWBIE CHAT

Take some time to look at the help tab too ;)

Check out the Locations boards for where you live & a site search for your clinic ;)

Wishing you Friendship ^fairydust^ & ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^
^goodluck^ Dont forget to let us know how you get on!

If you need any help just ask!

~Dizzi~
^willy nilly^

·
Registered
477 Posts
Hi Angela

I hope you find Fertility friends a support to you, it certainately has been a great support to me.

I may have to have donor eggs as my eggs are of poor quality apparently but we are going to have one more go with my own eggs this time at a different clinic and in Spain and if that is a BFN, then I will be going for donor eggs. Fortunatley my friend has said she would like to donate her eggs to me but her mum went through an early menopause at 35 so I am hoping she doesn't go through this as I am not ready for her eggs yet. Was looking at next year, she is 34 this month.

I have been reading on the donor egg threads and also the IVI Spain threads. Everyone is so helpful, sharing their experiences.

Sonia xx

·
Premium Member
13,830 Posts
Hi Angela and welcome to the site :)

You have come to a fantastic site full of advice and support and you have been left some great links to try out.

Im so sorry to read of your miscarriages. Donor eggs is an option that is a good idea but sorry to hear that the waiting list is so long as this adds to the frustration and especially when time is running out age wise. A lot of people consider and have treatment abroad so this is always an option. I wish you loads of luck for the future and that you get a BFP.

Kate xx

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you so much for all the lovely replies.

It looks like there are quite a few of the message boards where there are ladies going through similar things. I will check them out.

Thanks again for the warm welcome

Angela

1 - 7 of 7 Posts