Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, everyone i have posted on the main introductions link but i've just found this bit, please bear with me if i'm repeating myself,

i'm 28 and was told two years ago that i had severe endometriosis which my consultant said i had probably had for about 12 years. As it was pretty far gone i had surgery last year to remove the tissue (from womb, tubes etc), i also had a 10cm chocolate cyst removed from my right ovary.  :(
At the time my consultant was fairly optimistic that i would be able to go on to conceive but a year on i have nerve damage which is pretty nasty and still suffer from bad bleeding, chronic pain and general discomfort. i made the decision to stop taking the pill (i was taking it to try to help with symptoms) in order to give me a chance of conceiving, as i'm getting married in august, but the docs have said that they only give me a 2% chance of becoming pregnant. I'm at a point where i don't know what to do i'm having another laparoscopy at the start of june and then starting on clomid. I know that i can have IVF but my H2b is worried that the emotional rollercoaster would be too much and he doesn't really want to go down that route.
I'm sorry if i seem gloomy, (i'm a happy bunny really) its just been a bit hard going and i'm hoping that someone out there might be able to offer me some advice.
i'm so glad that i found this site and its really great to meet you all

·
Premium Member
29,892 Posts
Hiya minimouse

Welcome to Fertility Friends and the endo section of the site

Sorry to hear of your diagnosis of Endo, your experience seems similar to mine

I swore that i would never venture down the IVF route, for much the same reasons as yourself and your H2B

Even with IVF we were given odds of 8% due to the damage the endo had caused but it worked for us, i think perhaps look at the clomid and see how it goes, its not for everyone, it didnt help me but for others it has so may be worth a go, altho some ladies find it aggravates their endo but others have no probs with it we are all different

If theres anything i can help with feel free to let me know honey

Em

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Hi Minimouse and welcome!

Your story sounds quite similar to mine and I was pretty devastated when we were told it was IVF or nothing.

As Em says, Clomid doesn't suit everyone - it didn't suit me and led to 2 large cycts, but there are loads of positive stories too.

There is no getting away from the fact that IVF is a tough road to go down, but it can and does work as you can see below!

You just have to keep talking, be honest with each other, take each day as it comes and try and laugh about it! We managed to find humour (even if it was very black humour at times!) in most of the IVF stages and you never know, the laughter may have helped!

Always here if there is anything you want to ask or know more about.

Karen x

·
Registered
258 Posts
Welcome Minimouse and congrats on your forthcoming wedding!!! I got married in August last year and with a course of IVF since it feels like a million years ago!!!

Like you the thought of IVF terrified me and I always said I would never do it but it's really not as bad as you originally think!!!

Can I ask, what is clomid?? I've heard a lot of people use it and just wondered what it is, is it similar to Zoladex???

Rachel

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks girls for all the words of help and encouragement.  ^hugme^

Rachel the Clomid stimulates the ovaries to produce more eggs so that i have a better chance of conceiving. I'm not sure if its the same as the drug you mentioned hun, although if it is and its good then i might ask at my next docs visit.

to be honest the fact that I've found this fab place has already lifted my spirits. my other half is amazing but being a boy he doesn't really get it in the same way as other girls do. I'm so glad that I've found somewhere where other girls find it takes more than looking at a man to have a baby (everyone i know is expecting at the mo)

heffalump your little one is amazingly gorg you must be over the moon, congrats I'm sure he was worth the wait even though i imagine it felt like torture.  :)
Viking girl congrats sweetie you must be starting to get out of the morning sickness now-ish so i bet your blooming.  :)

Rachel me and you are kinda i the same boat although you've already started IVF, fingers crossed that both of us will be throwing up(morning sickness) soon, it might be yucky but I've already told myself that I'm not gonna moan not once because I'd have that to be pregnant anyday. ^pray^ ^pray^

thanks again girls hope we can chat again soon xx

·
Registered
258 Posts
Minimouse, I agree completely. I used to use another infertility forum and there was a post on the general forum where some women were complaining about the downside of being pregnant. I said to them when I am pregnant I am gonna thank god for every bad side effect I get and will cherish every moment!!! To go on an infertility forum and moan about being pregnant I thought was just down right insensitive!!!

With regards to Zoladex it's not like Clomid. Zoladex shuts everything down so you don't produce the hormone and so there is nothing there to trigger the endo so it goes down. It's a bit like menopause and a lot like DRing except it's a HUGE injection and you only have it once a month. The needle is so huge I had to have a local before the zoladex!!!!!

This board is great isn't it. No one, not even other women, understand infertility or Endo unless you've been through it. It's funny but in a strange way infertility has brought me and DH closer together, there are times that it nearly tears us apart but in Neighbours the other day one woman is pregnant (don't know if you watch it) and her husband was telling her how wonderful it would be to be parents and me and DH reached out for each others hand at the exact same point. It was really nice, although it doesn't mean he understands my endo any better unfortunately. We had a huge row last night and all I kept thinking was I should be 13 weeks pregnant by now............ Strange thing to be thinking when you're rowing about house work!!!! :)

I hope you don't have to go down the IVF route but if you do it's not nearly as bad as you imagine it to be. I really struggled with the decision to have IVF and it's not one I decided on lightly so if you want to talk about IVF or Endo or anything really feel free to PM me.

Take care hun

Rachel xx

·
Registered
4,185 Posts
Welcome minimouse!!

Sorry to hear you have endo, but you have come to the right place for support and chat etc here  :)

It is daunting being told you have bad endo.

I tried clomid for 5 months cos i didnt ovulate every month and also had an ectopic pg and lost a tube (cos of endo and cysts!). After 3 months i had a choccy cyst on my ovary again so stopped taking it at 5 months. However, i then got pg 6 weeks later!! i dont know if the clomid helped or the fact that i had given up hope then??! its worth a try anyhow. I def wasnt keen to go down the IVF route, personally although i did put name on the list.
Good luck  ^reiki^    ^reiki^    ^reiki^
Jo xx

1 - 7 of 7 Posts