Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, i have just been diginosed with pco and with the other half having what the consultant described as not normal sperm count, i think its gonna be a long time till we have a baby,( although i have 2 other children from my first marriage) they have started me on metformin and i have been told to attend a fertility clinic once a month plus all the usual stuff of losing weight etc, i have to say its all come as a shock to me as i was bigger then i am now when i fell for my last 2, anyone have any idea what will come next as it all seems abit scarey to me

·
Registered
151 Posts
hiya piercingqueen :)
i've had 1 cycle of icsi and i've just started down regging for my next (&final cycle) yeah it is quite scary but the girls here are great to talk to. :)
talk to the staff at your clinic and they will put your mind at ease as to what comes next, because it's different for everyone. :)
good luck to you

xxflamencaxx ^evil^

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank you flamenca for your kind words, i have to say the nurses seem much easier to talk to then the doctors so i will make sure i ask loads of questions on the 25th of jan which is when i have my 1st fertility clinic appointment

·
Registered
525 Posts
hi piercingqueen  ^wave^,

It doesall seem really daunting when you are first told that you will need treatments etc... but as you said the nurses are generally very friendly so do make use of them.  Make sure you write some questions down before you go, as it is very easy to forget what you wanted to know with all the extra info that they will give you on the day. Like Flamenca, I am down regging for icsi at the mo, and was very apprehensive about it all to start with, but being able to ask questions here and let people who are going through the same things know what is going on with my treatment really helps. Good luck for your app on the 25!!!!  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Love Kty x

·
Premium Member
386 Posts
Hi piercingqueen

Welcome on board.

I guess the main factor will be how "not normal" is DH's sperm count.  You may find that the Clinic try you on Clomid first along with the Metformin.  Clomid is a synthetic hormone that helps to induce ovulation.

Good Luck for the 25th

Love

Emma xx

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi Im very much in the same boat as you. I have pcos, and a hubby with sperm probs too. My hosp would not put me on metformin as they said it was not legilised in this country but i no of a friend who is on it now and pregnant. But i have changed hosp since then as i had 2 years off crap treatment So i start icsi sometime this year and im scared of the un known. But your not alone and hopefully this site will help us.

love Vivienne

1 - 6 of 6 Posts