Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi im 32 and going to start ivf very soon. we have done all the clomid , hycozy, scans, injections over the past 3 years with no luck. we are now going to start treatment in manchester but we only get 1 go on the nhs.ive now been told i have polysystic ovaries so thats just added to it all. we have had a lot of ups and downs and i would say its made us stronger. i would love to talk to other people and make new friends,xxx

·
Registered
597 Posts
Hiya Amos.  I know how ur feeling hun!!!! This whole process can be very lonely but I have got to say since I have been on here I have had so much support its unbelieveable.  Its just so nice to talk to people who are in or have been in the same boat, whilst family are good I something feel they dont always understand. 

I had one go of IVF on NHS just waiting for my second go now.  Do u only get one go?

I also have PCOS hun!!! They give me metaforim for it as my BMI was high as well. 

I hope u find the support ur looking for.  If u ever need a chat PM me hun.

xxxx  ^hugme^ 

·
Premium Member
12,192 Posts
to FF, Amos!!! This is a great website for support, information, laughter and friendship, it has kept me (relatively!) sane though all my treatment. Have a good look round the site, post in whatever section you want and make yourself at home. There are so many sections here with a huge amount of information, so whatever you are going through there will be someone here to help you.

Here are a couple of links that I think might help you.

A Rough Guide To IVF ~CLICK HERE

PCOS ~ CLICK HERE

Here is the link for the Manchester section - CLICK HERE, I am sure they will give you info on services in your area, and perhaps you might find people undergoing treatment at the same clinic.

IVF General chat ~ CLICK HERE

Keep a diary of your treatment (or just read the experiences of others!) ~ CLICK HERE

While undergoing treatment, you might find it useful to join other ladies having treatment at the same time. The Cycle Buddies threads are just for that. Just pop along to the appropriate month and say "Hi" when you are ready to start treatment ~ CLICK HERE

The What Every New Member Needs To Know (includes a list of common abbreviations) thread will give you some info on how to navigate the site ~ CLICK HERE

We also have a newbie night in the chat room every Wednesday where you can meet other new members and a few more experienced (I won't use the term "old"!) members will be there to answer any questions you have about the site. CLICK HERE FOR INFO ON NEWBIE CHAT

Please feel free to ask more questions here, or on any other part of the site, there will be wonderful helpful people there to give you lots of support, information and cyber hugs if you need it. We go through all the highs and lows of treatment together.

Good luck!!! ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Sue ^hugme^

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hi Amos

I have just finished my first icsi treatment in Manchester Care - it is a daunting experience, but the support here is fab - wish i found it sooner for all those questions buzzing around in my head!

All the best with your journey - from one first timer to another any questions just ask!  ^hugme^

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello Amos

I am also new to the site - I have just had an embryo transferred on Monday and waiting to see if I am lucky enough to be pregnant.

We have waited 2 years for this and unfortunately was unable to get funding through our NHS trust due to my FSH levels being too high (15 in August) but this month was 8.5 when we commenced this cycle!

I have gone down a modified natural cycle to limit the drugs due to history of ovarian cancer in the family and my own ovarian history - only have a partial right ovary remaining so conventional IVF wouldn't have necessarily worked as I have a very limited egg supply left.

Found the whole process quite stressful and frustrating through the NHS  :( but since finding the Create Clinic in Wimbledon the support I have received has been fantastic and made it very positive.  We were treated as an individual couple rather than a number.  Everyone had been very supportive but now I am feeling alone again as I wait for the next 2 weeks to see if we have been successful.

This site looks like it will help me to realise I am not alone and there are others around the country that are going through the same thing as me.
^reiki^

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hi Amos

I am in the same boat as you.  We are in Manchester and only get one go.  We have to go down the ICSI route as DH has low sperm count, motility issues.  The support on this site is amazing though so dont through things alone. :-* ^hugme^
xx

1 - 6 of 6 Posts