Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm new here.  Still trying to come to terms with things so this may be a bit jumbled: After over 18 months of ttc just found out that I have raised prolactin levels and my hubby has sperm morphology probs (ie few sperm are the right shape).  I have no real idea what these diagnoses means, how serious/how treatable.  Every time I look for info on the internet I just end up scaring myself.  This site seems friendly, though.  I feel like I should be wanting to do everything I can to help myself, but I'm struggling as I'm feeling so low.  I got a letter today inviting me for more tests-ultrasound scans-and I really don't want to go as I'm worried the dr may just discover more problems.  Sorry that this sounds very negative, Im just finding this all really upsetting and confusing.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Hi Hippomoo,

Just wanted to say hi and welcome to the site  ^wave^

Sorry to hear you are feeling low and tests are not nice, but try not to worry and once the Docs know what's wrong they will be able to help you. I'm afraid I don't know anything about raised prolactin but I'm sure someone will be along soon who will. As for the morphology issue my partner has problems there but they are very easily overcome with ICSI as they will literally take out the best swimmers individually and inject them into the eggs.

You'll find the site enormously helpful and the members will help you with any questions you have.

Good luck on your journey hun.

Kitty xx

·
Registered
369 Posts
Welcome Hippomoo

I remember the day I first joined ... felt overwhelmed by everything but can only echo Kitty "You'll find the site enormously helpful and the members will help you with any questions you have".
Also, I recall feeling that I would never get on with the journey of having a baby ... when the ball starts rolling it moves.

Good luck to you ...  ^hugme^

Good Vibrations xx

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi, Thanks so much for the replies Kitty and Good Vibrations.  I just read my post again and feel a bit  :-[ that I sound so negative at such an early stage. Just been feeling kind of numb.  Hope getting a bit more info helps me feel more empowered and able to face this.  Thanks again.  ^reiki^ to everyone.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
No probs,

It's natural to feel negative so don't feel sad. Knowledge is power hun and you'll feel better when you know what you're facing.

Let us know how your tests go  ^hugme^

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hi Hun

I can understand your worries with more tests, we first to the docs as I was irregular and they discovered I have PCOS and had to lower my bmi, hubby had a SA and they advised for him to have another one.  3 months went past and I lost the weight and starting regulating and then they advised for hubby to have more indepth SA.  They have now advised us to have IVF due to Hubby's sperm.  It is quite strange now the situation has changed as I thought the problem only lay with me.  But we are so happy that hubby had the test when he did and we ca now start to plan the way forward rather then he just starting the tests now.  I would have them now hun so you know where u stand.  I am sure they will be fine.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hi there,
I am also new, and I agree with everyone else, its completely understandable how you feel, but knowing what's really going on can help and will certainly put the doctors in a better position to help you.
Good luck hun, it all goes well for you.
Do do Xx

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.