Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!!

My name is Kim and I'm 32 and my partner Steve is 31.  Steve has low sperm count, poor motility and 95% abnormal sperm.

We had our first cycle of ICSI in Aug/Sept this year - what a roller coaster ride that was.  We got a positive result - excellent, but at our first scan at 6weeks they could not detect a heartbeat.  Second scan a week later and our little jelly bean had a strong heartbeat pumping away - hurray!  Scan 2 weeks later at 9 weeks and bad news, our little bean had died.

I had to wait to naturally miscarry, and waited 3 weeks but nothing happened.  Finally got taken in for a D&C on Monday 15th November.

We've had a holiday since and have picked ourselves up after the devastation and we've had the go-ahead to cycle again in January.  Should start down regs (sniffing) on 31st Jan if af arrives on time!

That's all about me - looking forward to getting to know some of you and following your infertility journies.

Kim
xx

·
Registered
604 Posts
Hi Kim
Welcome to Fertility friends.
I was so sad to read what you and Steve hasve been through in the last few months, the holiday sounds like just the ticket though.
Heres hoping 2005 is your year.
Chick

·
Premium Member
3,597 Posts
Hi there Kim! :)

Welcome to fertility friends. So glad you found us. So sorry to hear about your journey so far. I'm glad you had a nice holiday and are ready to start again.

There is a cycle buddies board if you want to join others just about to start treatment. Here's the link to the January/February buddies board ;)

http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=18950.new;topicseen#new

Wishing you lots of love and luck with your next treatment.

Love, Rachel xxx

·
Premium Member
29,892 Posts
Hiya Kim

Welcome to Fertility Friends

I hope that u find the site helpful and am sure you will get lots of support here, before and during ur treatment

Heres looking forward to seeing u around the site

Lots of luck ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Emilyxx

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Hi Kim,

A big welcome to ff.

Wishing you all the best for your next treatment. As Emily has said you will get lots of support here,

L xx

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Hey Kim

Welcome to FF!

Wishing you luck with your journey.

Laine x

·
Registered
151 Posts
hiya kim :)

so sorry to hear your news :(
i had icsi 7 months ago but didn't get as far as you  :( so me and my husband had a break from it all. i've been d/r for my 2nd and final icsi for 11 days now and i'm feeling very low, but i get a lot of support here at ff. ;D

i wish you good luck when you start again sending you  ^reiki^

xxflamencaxx ^evil^

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.