Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I'm new to all of this..think I originally posted in the wrong place..sorry! FF has been a massive help over the last few months while we’ve been starting out.  But, I’ve struggled to find anyone in same position as us.

My partner had vasectomy 12 years ago. We had our consultation with LWC in Cardiff as looking to do sperm storage incase needed treatment - ICSI's was mentioned as well as full IVF. Then bombshell came back with my tests AMH is less than 1, also i have cyst on one of my ovaries (which was told wouldn't be a problem). Had repeat test for AMH (does it change??), get results next week. Just need help on what questions to ask at the next consultation and where to go from here. Seem to be going round in circles with all the information on the internet. Emotions are all over the place at the moment.

Is it true that having treatment can sometimes do damage when already have low AMH? What can I do to improve things? Is it better to try naturally for a bit after the VR? I'm 36, so don't want to wait too long. arggh..this is so hard already and i know we're just starting on our journey!! Any help or people in similar situation to share information / support would be gratefully appreciated. Sorry for going on, thank you so much for reading
R  x

·
Registered
255 Posts
Hi Gemini

I just typed you a big message but just lost it all !!

Anyway, the short version is my AMH is 0.9 and I was told by my consultant not to delay and that every month counted, so we started straight away - Im glad I did as I think I couldnt cope with the waiting.

My stats below even suprised my consultant (he was expecting them to be worse), I test on 3 Dec, so hopefully I will come back to you with BFP and demonstrate miracles can happen Big  ^hugme^

·
Registered
95 Posts
Hi
My husband had a VR in 2008 after 11+ years and my AMH wasn't tested until we couldn't conceive after it.  The VR was successful in that he had sperm but they have an antibody preventing them from penetrating an egg.
My AMH in October 2009 was 0.69.  Round 1 of IVF I got 12 eggs, but had a miscarriage on a FET, round 2 produced 5 and now i'm 20 weeks pregnant.
They don't know how you will react to IVF until you go through it.....
Best of luck xx

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you both for your replies, really appreciate it, always reassuring that there is someone in same boat!

Good luck with the test on Friday Jasmine, let me know how you get on..don’t you just hate waiting, this all seems to be about waiting too! I agree with wanting to get started straight away, but my partner got his reversal booked for January so got a few months  before we’ll know if that’s worked so we can decide how we should go forward with treatment..decisions decisions..lots & lots of luck for Friday x

Congratulations Turtle,  that’s amazing news, that’s so similar to our dates too. Fingers crossed we’ll be successful too. Good luck with your pregnancy, keep me posted..brilliant news and really helped – thank you x

Thank you...feeling positive now ladies xx

·
Premium Member
6,986 Posts
to FF!

Please have a good look around the site and feel free to post in any area, and make yourself at home. There are many who are on their TTC journey, and others who have been fortunate to have little ones with assistance. You will soon discover that our members are very encouraging of one another and offering advice or just simple hugs. There's a vast amount of information here for everyone, so start reading, posting and getting to know others. You will make some great friends too, lots of members often have meet ups locally too, for chats, coffee, shopping or even nights out! You can share conversations with one another freely, simply because we all understand each other. It's hard when family and friends don't fully comprehend what this journey entails and the emotions that go with it. That's where we come in!

Here are some links which you should find really useful at the moment……

What Every New Member Needs To Know (includes a list of common abbreviations) ~ CLICK HERE

Complimentary, Holistic and Spiritual Approaches ~ CLICK HERE

Pop by the 'Poor Responders' thread, most of the ladies have low AMH there ... http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=249942.0

Male factors ~ CLICK HERE
There is a VR thread on here :)

A Rough Guide To IVF ~CLICK HERE

(This is a breakdown of the procedure of IVF which is the same as ICSI up until the point of fertilization, With ICSI the embryologist injects one good sperm into one good egg, and repeats until all are used. So it gives them a helping hand, with IVF the eggs and sperm are left to fertilize by themselves)

You can also chat live in our chat room. We have a newbie day in the chat room every Wednesday where you can meet one of our mods for support, meet other new members and get technical support with navigating the site and using all the functions available here. CLICK HERE FOR INFO ON NEWBIE CHAT

You can also "meet" and chat with people in your local area through the Location boards. This is especially useful to find people who may be using the same clinic and or in the same PCT area.

Wishing you lots of luck ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ and ^fairydust^
Keep in touch
Ceri xx

PS I have also sent you a pm (private message)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.