Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I have to confess to being a bit of a technophobe so I have never before joined a site like this.  I have visited the site a couple of times though and it looks great so i thought I'd take the bull by the horns and see what happens.

I have PCOS an dave been receiving all o my treatment at the Rosie at Addenbrookes.  No luck with chlomid and no luck with 3 cycles of ovulation induction as I found out when my period arrived last week :(.  Everyone around me seems to be getting pregnant with no trouble at all and all of my friends seem to have babies or small children.  Before we started TTC I was such  happy person and now when I look at myself I just see a sad person - I'm starting to get fed up with myself and I wonder if I'll be the same again.  Its nice to know I'm not alone though.

We were told that the next thing for us would be IVF which sounds pretty scary.  We will probably qualify for a cycle on the NHS but I am not sure how long the waiting list is?  We have also been told that we can have 2 private cycles and still qualify for NHS treatment, so we will probably look at going privately (nothing seems to move fast on the NHS) Does anyone have any experiences of Bourne Hall v the Rosie at Addenbrookes and how did you decide where to go?  Is there a local support section for people in the same area or at the same clinic?

thanks

Kiwi Rose

·
Registered
7,783 Posts
Hi and welcome,

Sorry you are having problems trying to conceive. This place is great for advice, support or just to let off steam.

Hopefully a moderator will come on with some more info but for now I leave you with the following links to click on for more info...

IVF general chitchat http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?board=3.0

People in Cambridgeshire who will probably be able to comment on the Rosie v Bourne Hall http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?board=221.0 You could always start your own thread for people at either!!!

PCOS:
http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?board=13.0

wishing you all the best for your journey!

·
Premium Member
6,690 Posts
Hi Kiwi Rose,

Welcome to Fertility Friends, this site is fantastic for support, information and friendship  ^hugme^

Good luck on your journey  ^reiki^  ^reiki^  ^reiki^

Nikki xx

·
Premium Member
20,592 Posts
^hello^
& Welcome to FF Kiwi Rose
Well done for taking the plunge and joining a support website,
I know that on here the journey to parenthood woill be understood and supported, all you need do is read and post!
I am sorry the cycles so far havnt worked, I can't comment on your clinic choices,
but a site search will normally help you find the infomation you need, or else just post to ask.
EBW1969 has given you some good advice and links, be sure to check them out.
I would like to encourage you to post in these areas to build friendships
and support from members who really do have an understanding of your situation, heres a couple more to get you started ;)

HFEA Website
http://www.hfea.gov.uk/en/1131.html

Meanings ~
CLICK HERE

Starting out & Diagnosis ~
CLICK HERE

What Every New Member Needs to Know
CLICK HERE

A rough guide to IVF
CLICK HERE

Investigations & Immunology
CLICK HERE

You may find there is an active running thread for ladies having treatment at the same clinic as you check both the ICSI & IVF boards as we don't have separate clinic threads for each.

To make the site easier to navigate click on the index tab at the top of any page - pink hearts mean there is something new within the board you have not read/looked at and if you scroll right down you will see the last ten posts from all over FF all are clickable ;) if you refresh this page (f5) it will update the last ten posts as well as the boards/threads and who's online!!!
take some time to look at the help tab too ;)

Check out the Locations boards for where you live & a site search for your clinic ;)
You can also chat live in our excellent chat room. We have a newbie night in the chat room every week (Wednesday at 8pm), where you can meet other new members and get technical support with navigating the site and using all the functions available here. CLICK HERE FOR INFO ON NEWBIE CHAT

Wishing you Friendship ^fairydust^ & ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^
^goodluck^

If you need any help just ask!

~Dizzi~
^willy nilly^

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
wow.  thanks everyone I thought that no one would write!

thanks for the pointers Dizzi and EBW1969.  i am slowly finding my way about.  Mostly I've done lots of reading and managed to while away the hours.  time seems to go quickly here.  I'm quite sad that I can't make wednesday evenings, it sounds like the place to meet people.

thank you so much for the welcome nikki.

the future seems bright.  it is nice to talk to people who understand.

lots of love

Kiwi Rose x

·
Premium Member
20,592 Posts
Hi Hun, the chatroom is open 24/7 and if you do venture in Just let the ladies know your new and everyone will help as much as they can, If you would prefer meeting one of us Mods in there first then Just let me know, We can always find a time to suit you.
the hours spent on FF soon add up ;)
Keep reading ^hugme^

~Dizzi~

·
Premium Member
13,830 Posts
Hi Kiwi rose and welcome to the site :)

You have come to a fantastic place full of support and advice and you have been left some great links to try out.

Im sorry to read what you have been through trying for a baby. I can understand why you feel so miserable, i remember that feeling all too well especially when all my friends and work collegaues were falling pregnant so easy with their 2nd or 3rd baby when i was still trying for my first one. I just wanted to wish you loads of luck for IVF when the time comes.

Kate xx

·
Premium Member
20,592 Posts
Hi again
I noticed you popped into chat earlier I was hosting the weekly Quiz
so Missed saying hi, Hope it was Ok for you and that next time I will be able to say hi ;)
~Dizzi~

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi Dizzi,

The chat room was a totally surreal experience, I guess I'll try again another day when I have a bit more tome.  I was just having a look around really.  I think that I'll let you know next time I have a spare 5 minutes.  My sister gets married in June so life is pretty hectic at the moment with all the wedding prepatarions.  It is good motivation to keep to the eating plan though.

Kate, thank you very much for your kind words.  the misery comes in waves.  Sometimes I am totally OK and sometimes not. guess that is normal.  I have received all of the information from both clinics now so we'll put our thinking caps on this weekend.

take care

Kiwi Rose x

·
Premium Member
20,592 Posts
^hugme^

good luck,
~Dizzi~

·
Premium Member
3,760 Posts
Hi Kiwi Rose, just wanted to say hello ^wave^ and welcome to FF :)  Sorry to hear you're having trouble conceiving, I hope your treatment is a resounding success and you get a BFP really soon ^reiki^

xx

1 - 11 of 11 Posts