Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I've been visiting this site for months as a guest and have finally decided to enroll....

A little bit about us, TTC for 2 years, irregular periods, numerous tests including ovarian drilling, lap and dye and what feels like hundreds of blood tests.....FSH have always been very high and at my last visit to the hospital (NHS) they discussed premature ovarian failure (based on blood test results they had from 7 months previous - why they haven't told me before now is beyond me  ???). Hearing this news was enough for us to try the private route, felt like we'd wasted the last 7 months. DP has fully functioning army  ^HappySperm^ ^HappySperm^ all heading in the right direction at a good pace (never seen him look so proud  ;D)

Have had a base line scan on day 5 and a follicle tracking scan on day 12 - maturing follicle 17mm and 19mm, today the test stick reads positive (only ever seen this result once in the last 2 years).  Can't believe I might actually ovulate but equally feel things are bound to go wrong as whenever it feels like there is some positive news it's normally overtaken by bad news.

That said provides the ultimate reason for plenty of fun this weekend.  ^TTC^

If anyone has experienced similar problems would love to hear from you equally if anyone can share some positive experiences that would really help me........

Thanks for reading  L x

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
Hello Follie and welcome to FF, as you've probably sussed by now this is a fantastic site with lots of warmth and support.

Sorry to hear that you feel let down and have wasted some precious months. 

I know it's easier said than done but try to keep positive about ovulating, if this is the first time you've seen this result in a while you could hit the jackpot  ^pray^ ^pray^

Not sure I can give any words of wisdom as we've been ttc naturally for nearly 2 years and still giving it a few months before we go down the IVF route.  There will be a moderator along soon who can give you some good advice and leave you some links.  And I'm sure some of the ladies will be on share with you their positive experiences.

Take care and keeping everything crossed for you - enjoy the  ^BMS^ !

·
Premium Member
13,830 Posts
Hi Follie and welcome to the site :)

You have come to a fantastic place full of advice and support.

Sorry to hear of the numerous tests etc u have had to endure - i remember those as well! I just wanted to wish u luck on the clomid.

Kate xx

·
Premium Member
18,308 Posts
Hello Follie, welcome to Fertility Friends. :)

I just have to say I think you have a wodnerful atitude and I do hope you are enjoying making a baby this weekend and, more to the point, i hope it is fruitful! 

Loads of luck. DO let us know how things arre going for you.

C~x

·
Registered
477 Posts
Hello Follie

Welcome to fertility friends, this site is so helpful and everyone is so supportive.

Good luck for the future

Sonia xx

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hello everyone

Thank you so much for all your kind words and support. It's been a hectic weekend and with a house move pending and work manic I've struggled to log on to the site, so apologies I haven't responded sooner.

Had some more good news yesterday when I received my blood test results for FSH levels taken on day 3, they were 13.8 which I know still sounds high but when I've had readings between 27 and 76 I'm thrilled.  We feel hopefull and that feels good. So who knows what is happening to my body, Friday's blood test (day 21) will at least confirm if I have ovulated. In the meantime we've been encouraging the follie/egg along with lots of positive thoughts.

I've also had a couple of treatments of Acupuncture, I'm not sure how I feel this has helped, has anyone else tried or had a positive response?

Thanks again
L x

1 - 6 of 6 Posts