Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Me and Dh found out a few months ago that we are unable to have children of our own.

Although donor is an option, its not an option really for us although dh wants to consider it , im very keen to adopt / foster in the next few years. (want to have a holiday from the process) but am wondering how to get information really, its such a daunting process.

Thank you Keeley x

·
Premium Member
4,610 Posts
Hi Keeley, welcome to the adoption & fostering board

when i first started looking into adoption i approached my local authority adoption team and got an information pack and they were great so we went with them but a lot of people go with voluntary agencies (which i no nothing about sorry) i think the best place to start is the BAAF website as there is tons of info on there  ;)

good luck

pam xx

·
Registered
193 Posts
Welcome to the Adoption thread - this is a great bunch of really supportive people! :)

Good luck on your journey.

Shivster

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thankyou. I have contacted my local council for an information pack x

·
Premium Member
1,000 Posts
Hello, have to agree with the rest and consider which road you want to go down, either the Adoption route or Fostering.

We chose Adoption, which we are very happy.

Cheese 

·
Registered
931 Posts
Hi Keeley

Just wanted to say hello really and welcome to our boards!
I don't actually know what I'd have done without the support and advice from all the friends made on here, so you've come to the right place.

We approached our local authority as a starting point, and they've seen us through both our adoption processes.
It is very daunting at the start, please don't let it overwhelm you. It's a natural feeling from being in the "unknown".

This wonderful world of adoption has made our dreams come true, 100%.
Cannot advocate it enough!

:)

·
Registered
386 Posts
hello Keeley,
welcome to the adoption & fostering boards xxxx

^wave^

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Hi Keeley