Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone
I am starting my first set of injections on the 8th of April, and i am very nervous as i am petrified of needles. Is it sore?

I have to have IVF as i have had two ectopic pregnancies where they had to remove my fallopian tubes. I am having my treatment at the Nuffield Hospital in Woking. If anyone is also having theres there, please let me know and maybe we will bump into each other sometime during our treatment there.

::)

·
Premium Member
5,346 Posts
Hi Mickie

WELCOME TO FF AND
GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR IVF CYCLE

I am sure there are girls having tx at the same hospital as you, try Meeting Places to find your local area.

Jennifer xx

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
hI Mickie ..... just wanted to say heeeeeeeeeeeelllllloooooooo.  sorry i cant help you with the needles and if sore, but i do find when i need to have injections that just not looking helps me!  I also hate needles so i feel for you ....
wishing you lots of luck and hugs

·
Registered
911 Posts
Hi mickie welcome to ff ive not started my tx yet so cant help with the needles but wanted to say hello and welcome you like jennifer said if you try meeting places you will prob find someone thats having tx there

Kerry xxx

·
Registered
479 Posts
Hello,

I did the injections a few weeks back (im on the 2ww).  Did they hurt? No, not really - less than pinching your skin with your fingernails.  Me and my DH set up a bit of a ritual.  He would run me a bath and whilst i made a cup of tea.  Whilst the bath was running, he snapped open the vials for me (for some reason i found that difficult) then he would sit and chat to me whilst i mixed the stuff.  We would both check the needle for any little bubbles and decide which were important (the ones down by the plunger) and which weren't - the little tiny ones that you sometimes see on the sides).

We would then decide where on my leg or bum i should inject, i would wipe with the little wipey thing and position the needle next to my skin and push whilst looking at him - him looking at the needle to tell me when it was in enough. A tiny, tiny pull back to check that the needle was clear then a nice slow push on the plunger.  The way i described it to him was a bit like pushing the plunger on a cafetier when its ready to be pushed. After that a similarly slow pull out and cotton bud on to stop any bleeding.  Then my bath and tea.

Anyway, the point of this is to say - dont hurry, dont worry and let your DH be involved as much as you and he want him to be.  And even if he cant be in the same room cos he cant bear the thought of you having to do this - get him to run the bath and make the tea!

Good luck - the thing with all this is not knowing - in about a week you will think its a breeze!

Abby

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.