Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to everyone, finally plucked up the courage to post!
I'm so relieved to have found FF after nearly 3 years of feeling like I'm on a rollercoaster and feeling like no one understands.
I'm 33,DH 32, been TTC for just under 3 years.
Had big dermoid cyst removed 6yrs ago.  Had lap + dye test Jan 07-adhesions and endo-both treated, tubes clear. completed 6 monthes of clomid and no joy,terrible painful periods every month (but am told this is a good sign!). DH also has low sperm count.  Now been referred to Leeds for IVF, just waiting for the initial appoinment to come through but it's driving me crazy waiting. Does anyone know how long waiting lists are in this area?
looking forward to talking to people who can really understand.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Hiya Mel, I am also new to FF it was recomended to me by friend who said it got her through IVF. I'm 30 DP is 30 ttc for 4yrs had 1st ICSI Feb o7 BFN! had 2nd ICSI in Feb 08 BFN! Gutted but as they say 3rd time lucky. reason for tx partner had very low count bad mob also, further investigations revealed I had high FSH making things even more difficult for us, FF is great just wish I knew about along time ago because its so nice to be able 2 talk to people who actually no what you r going through. I have family and close friends to talk to but just not the same, im sure i will be using FF when start next tx. Sorry can't tell you how long you will have to wait but hopefully wont be 2 long good luck with everything fingers crossed, enjoy FF.XXXXX

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Hayleigh,
                thanx for replying, nice 2 know there r people like yourself who you can just get chatting with about fertility issues. friends do try to understand, but it's just not the same.  I see you were asking about clomid, I took it for 6 monthes, this affects your hormones and boosts your fertility . But as expected with hormones, you can get side effects, I found it manageable, just warned people when I was grumpy!  wishing you lots of luck with everything,
                                                                                        take care xx

·
Registered
477 Posts
Hi HAYLEIGH and MEL

Fertility friends has been my lifeline the past year, everyone is so supportive. I am on my 2ww (2 week wait) of my 3rd IVF treatment. There are so many people you can chat too on the different boards/topics and ask any questions you maybe worried about as well as supporting others in their journey too.

Good luck to you both

Sonia xx

·
Premium Member
1,871 Posts
Hiya Mel :)

Welcome to FF and you have hit the nail on the head, now you have found FF you will definately find riding the rollercoaster that is FF, much easier ;D
It is a great place for support and advice during your tx journey and at times, I absolutely believe it has kept me sane, well almost. Well done on plucking up the courage for your first post.

I'm going to leave you some links of boards that should start you off;

The local boards to you would be a good starting point to find other ladies from Leeds that are having treatment nearby, for friendship and to give you the lowdown on your local clinic
Locations boards for where you live & a site search for your clinic ;)

Endo ~ CLICK HERE

Male factors -CLICK HERE

A rough guide to IVF
http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/content/view/106/3/

IVF General CLICK HERE

What Every New Member Needs to Know ~
CLICK HERE

That should keep you busy for a while! However, don't forget to have a bit of fun while you are on FF and check out the general chit chat / jokes / hobbies area

G&B - Community Fun board
CLICK HERE

Mel, wishing you all the best on your journey and sending you lots of ^reiki^ and ^fairydust^

If you have any questions, just shout, let me know how you are getting on too! :)

Louj x :-*

·
Premium Member
13,830 Posts
Hi Mel and welcome to the site :)

You have come to a fantastic site full of advice and support.

Sorry to hear what you have been through trying for a baby and you have come to a great site where you will definitely not feel alone and where people do understand. I was similar to yourself that i had a lap and dye and had my endo treated and i have always had very painful periods apart from when i was on the pill years ago! Which is madness! My ex husband had a good sperm count but they were 100% abnormal and he has gone on to conceive a baby with his new partner and although i still have a couple of endo cysts i have conceived with a new partner so you never know. I want to wish you luck with your upcoming appointment but im not soo clued up on waiting lists etc. You have been left some great links to try out so they will give you all the information you will need.

Kate xx

·
Registered
11,791 Posts
Hi Mel

to FF :) Congrats on making your first post, its always so nerve racking isn't it ???

Which Leeds clinic have you been referred to ??? I know the waiting times at LGI are about 18 - 24 months on the NHS however, you can opt and pay for treatment and the waiting times are only about 6 months. I believe St James waiting times are about the same, depending on which PCT you fall under.

Wishing you lots of luck

x x x x x

1 - 7 of 7 Posts