Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I'm new to site, along way through with treatment and just been given unexpected choices to make, could do with a bit of advice. EC this saturday 24th, I am lucky enough to have had a successful ICSI treatment 5 years ago so going for the next! We have just been given the choice of blastocysyt. Not really got much time to digest all the info and really stuck as to what to do. any advice ..........

·
Registered
5,595 Posts
Hi Daisyizzy  :)

Blastocyst has a higher success rate because they develop more before ET.  So in a way it weeds out the weaker ones and the better developing embryos are the ones to be put back in.  That's it in a nutshell anyway.  Not all will make it to blast though so they won't do this if you don't have enough eggs.  It's a bit of a gamble as none of them may make it to blast, however, some people may say that if they don't make it to blast stage then they wouldn't have developed in a pg anyway.  If you understand me!

We start DR (for IVF) on Friday  ^banana^ and have already decided to go for blasts (if possible) as it's success rates are roughly 50%.  It costs about £800 (which the NHS won't cover) but we feel it's worth a go.

I asked the NHS fertility nurse what the current thinking was regarding blasts and she said that 90% of the people she sees try blastocyst. 

Hope this has helped.  ???  Why don't you have a look at the Cycle buddy threads and hook up with some people at the same stage of tx as you.

Good luck  ^reiki^
Lully x

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Hiya Daisyizzy, welcome to FF and  ^goodluck^ for ur EC hope you get lots of eggs!!!! xxxxx

·
Registered
460 Posts
Hi daisyizzy  :) welcome to FF

Its great to hear you've already had success, wishing you all the best for this tx.

Good luck with EC on saturday  ^reiki^  ^reiki^

Laura xxx

·
Premium Member
20,592 Posts
^hello^
& Welcome to FF daisyizzy ^hugme^

^congrats^ on your previous succes do you have a Son or a Daughter ?
Lully, has worded the blasto dilema in a nutshell for you - if youve time to read then, Just do a site seach and check out the voting board ;)
May I ask why you need the ICSI ?

I am going to leave you some direct links to boards here on FF - that you may or may not have found, I would like to encourage you to post in these areas to build friendships and support from members who really do have an understanding of your situation, You may find there is an active running thread for ladies having treatment at the same clinic as you check both the ICSI & IVF boards as we don't have separate clinic threads for each

Starting out & Diagnosis ~
CLICK HERE

What Every New Member Needs to Know
CLICK HERE

Male factors -
CLICK HERE

Hoping for another miracle -
CLICK HERE

While undergoing treatment, you might find it useful to join other ladies having treatment at the same time.
The Cycle Buddies threads are just for that.
You will fnd a thread, usually with a funny/inspiring name for this year's buddies. Just pop along to the appropriate month and say "Hi" when you are ready to start treatment.

For Cycle buddies -CLICK HERE

And don't forget to have a bit of fun while you are on FF and check out the general chit chat / jokes / hobbies area
G&B – Community Fun board
CLICK HERE
You can also chat live in our excellent chat room.
We have a newbie night in the chat room every week (Wednesday at 8pm), We have a newbie night in the chat room every week (Wednesday at 8pm),
where you can meet other new members and get Chatrrom support
and help to navigate the site and using all the functions available here. CLICK HERE FOR INFO ON NEWBIE CHAT

Take some time to look at the help tab too ;)

Check out the Locations boards for where you live & a site search for your clinic ;)

Wishing you Friendship ^fairydust^ & ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^
^goodluck^ Dont forget to let us know how you get on!

If you need any help just ask!

~Dizzi~
^willy nilly^

·
Premium Member
13,830 Posts
Hi Daisylizzy and welcome to the site :)

You have come to a fantastic site full of advice and support and you have been left some great links to try out.

How lovely to read that your last treatment was successful. I wanted to wish you loads of luck for EC and the 2ww and that it brings another positive result.

Kate xx

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi, thanks to all of you for your kind words, and good luck to you all.

Lully, thanks for the summary it certainly made it all clearer, good luck with your treatment

Dizzi squirrel - We have a daughter isobel she is 4, she was a result of our first ICSI on NHS due to male factor, I luckily have no problems.  We had 3 frozen from the first cycle we had a FET last august, BFP then miscarried at about 5 weeks. We decided to go for a fresh cycle. The clinic have said we are good candidates for Blast but I am concerned that if none get to that stage that I won't feel like I have completed the treatment. Still really stuck with it all!! I am going to have a look at the other threads thanks for all the links

·
Premium Member
20,592 Posts
^hugme^
Thank you for replying here, its great to see new members and share their Journeys,
We also have a section on FF called Babydust, where parents can chat and share parenting tips.
Heres another Links seeing as Isobel is a miracle baby ;)
Hoping for another miracle -
CLICK HERE

Wishing you Friendship ^fairydust^ & ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^
^goodluck^ Dont forget to let us know how you get on!

If you need any help just ask!

~Dizzi~
^willy nilly^

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
got 17 eggs, 16 good enough to inject just had call to say 15 fertilised, hopefully oing for blastocyst

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi Dasiyizzy,

Im new to the site too so just want to say hi. Good luck, I have everything crossed for you that your TX works for you again. It gives me hope.

Hope you are having are feeling okay and take care  ^hugme^

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
hi dippy duck, thanks and good luck to you with your treatment,what stage are you at?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi Daisyizzy,

I feel like Im no where at the moment. I have PCOS and don't ovulate and my DH has a low sperm count. Due to this we were put on the waiting list for IVF in feb. My DH has seen a urologist who says he doesn't need any TX for it, I have an appointment with my consultant in about 25 days and hope beyond hope that she will start me on Clomid.

Good luck again and sending you loads of  ^fairydust^, take care  ^hugme^ Xx

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Hey Daisyizzy WOW thats fantastic welldone hunni xxx  ;D  ;D ;D wishing you loads of luck for your ET take care
xxxx
Hayleigh xxxxxxxx

·
Premium Member
6,690 Posts
Hi Daisyizzy,

Welcome to Fertility Friends, this site is fantastic for support, information and friendship  ^hugme^

Good luck with your tx  ^reiki^  ^reiki^

Nikki xx

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for all your good wishes, fingers and everything else crossed! hope you are all ok.  dippy duck sending you positive vibes, hope all goes well xxxxxxxxxxxxx

1 - 15 of 15 Posts