Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i had an internal with a consultant gynaecologist on thursday just passed. he couldn't see any follicles. i was on day 28 of a 30 day cycle. is that horribly abnormal? i am having day 3 bloods on monday and could i expect to have a higher than average fsh based on the lack of follies. i am quite worried about this.
if i had a high fsh would that mean i would have to resort to donor eggs? would clomid be able to stimulate follies/eggs if i had a high fsh?
bit unsure of this. probably need to stop worrying and wait till i know either way!
eva 

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
Wouldn't expect to see follicles on day 28 of 30 day cycle neither does it indicate that your FSH will be high. If one FSH level was high I would not take that as gospel, I would ask for second before ruling out stimulating your ovaries.

Ruth

·
Premium Member
2,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank you so much ruth, we are SO lucky to have you to guide us through! i did wonder after the consultation about his remark that he couldn't see any follies - when i have an irregular cycle. i thought well maybe he should be able to always see follies. am having a follow-up with him next week so will question him more with that in mind!

Another quick question. I had my scan on Thursday and he said he couldn't see any sign of my menstruation being on its way - but my period started this am. how long does it take from the first signs of the endo breaking up in its first phase to period. is it just hours..?

thanks SO much as ever

eva xx

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.