Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi my names Sam. I was sterilized back in November in 2004 after what I thought would be my last baby and I was in an awkward relationship. I met someone else who has a child of their own( I have 4) and we would like to have our own baby. I have looked into egg sharing and would really like to do this instead of a reversal as I want to give someone a chance of havin a baby too so any advice on clinics etc near to cambridge would be great. Im a bit worried I wouldnt be accepted because I got pnd after my little girl in Sept 1999 does this affect clinics decision? :-\

·
Premium Member
20,592 Posts
^hello^
& Welcome to FF peachie

Egg sharing is a wonderful thing to do, so thank you for considering it ^hugme^
and I am sure there are great clinics in the cambridge area, prehaps check out the locations board for more info,
as I have no idea :-[I assume your partner has no issues affecting his fertilty ?
I'm not sure about the PND prehaps the ladies on the babydust or Egg share threads can help.
I am going to leave you some direct links to boards here on FF - that you may or may not have found, I would like to encourage you to post in these areas to build friendships and support from members who really do have an understanding of your situation,

Egg Share ~
CLICK HERE

And don't forget to have a bit of fun while you are on FF and check out the general chit chat / jokes / hobbies area
G&B - Community Fun board
CLICK HERE

You can also chat live in our excellent chat room.
We have a newbie night in the chat room every week (Wednesday at 8pm)

Take some time to look at the help tab too ;)

Check out the Locations boards for where you live & a site search for your clinic choices ;)

Wishing you Friendship ^fairydust^ & ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^
^goodluck^ Dont forget to let us know how you get on!

If you need any help just ask!

~Dizzi~
^willy nilly^

·
Premium Member
18,308 Posts
Hello Sam, welcome to Fertility Friends. :)

If you go to the HFEA website you can do a search for clincis with Egg share in your area. I beleive Bourn Hall is the nearest one to you with egg share at the moment.
You will need to meet several criteria to qualify for egg sharing but, as far as I know, having PND is not one that excludes you and, probably, your proven fertility (prior to your sterilisation) would prove a positive point. As a basic guide the main things you will need to be eligible are:

Under 35
BMI under 30 (or there abouts - each clinic may vary slightly)
FSH under 10

There will also be several blood tests to check for diseases (HIV etc.) and you have basic genetic screening too. It will take about 3 months because you need to have at least 2 HIV tests 3 months apart so might be worth getting hold of the clinic to find out what tests need to be done and getting your GP to start the ball rolling now to speed things up.

Do check out the egg share boards as I am sure they will be able to provide you with much more information than I have!

Wishing you lots of luck! ^reiki^

C~x

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Hi Sam,

Just wanted to say hello and welcome to Fertility Friends.  The website has been a god send to me over the years.  I hope you find the answers you are looking for on here.

Sharon xx

·
Premium Member
11,096 Posts
Hello Sam

Welcome to FF  :)

I hope you do find a clinic who are able to help you. I'm sure you will find lots of support and help on here.

Love

Emma x

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi Sam,

What an amazing thing to do, you are a wonderful person. Welcome to FF, everyone are so friendly and supportive. I hope you find the answer's to your questions.

I hope you find a clinic near to you that can help,  ^hugme^ XX

·
Premium Member
6,690 Posts
Hi Sam,

Welcome to Fertility Friends, this site is fantastic for support, information and friendship  ^hugme^

Good luck on your journey  ^reiki^  ^reiki^

Nikki xx

·
Registered
4,005 Posts
Hi Sam,

Welcome to the forum! I can't give you any advice but wanted to say good luck with everything as egg sharing is a wonderful gift for someone.  ^hugme^

Take care,
Elle xx

·
Premium Member
13,830 Posts
Hi Sam and welcome to the site :)

You have come to a fantastic site full of advice and support and you have been left some great links to try out.

Egg sharing is such a great idea and i really admire you for wanting to do that. I wish you luck with the future.

Kate xx

1 - 9 of 9 Posts