Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a new member to the site and thought I'd introduce myself.  I have been ttc for 4 years now and my DH and I have been told we have un-explained infertility.  We have just been through 3 months of Clomid (unsuccessful) and are now looking into IUI.  I am finding it very difficult to cope with the situation as I had a termination 7 years ago and feel that I am now being punished in some way.  I am due to test again on Sunday but have all but given up hope for a positive result these days.

J

·
Premium Member
3,352 Posts
Hi Jed,

So sorry to hear that you are finding it hard to cope with everything.  You have definately come to the right place for support, advice and friendship.  I only discovered the site a few months ago but it has really helped me through some tough times. 

I have never been pregnant, but my husband has terminated several pregnancies with previous partners.  Like you he now feels like he is being punished for that, but there were so many reasons why he was unable to support a baby back then that he still feels it was the right decision. 

Good luck with everything. 

Love Olwen xx

·
Premium Member
4,610 Posts
hi jed

welcome to ff

as olwen has said this site is full of support, please try not to be too hard on yourself i know people that have had 2 or more terminations and now have children so why would only a few be punnished and not everyone ??

i too am classed as unexplained infertility although i do have mild pcos and i know how frustraiting it is not knowing why you can't get pg but on the otherhand it gives us hope that one day we might concieve naturally

good luck with iui, i hope all your dreams come true

pam xx

·
Premium Member
386 Posts
Hiya JED and welcome to FF.

Please don't beat yourself up about the termination you had.  I know that you had your reasons and those reasons were founded on what was happening at the time.  You are not being punished for doing what was right for you at a vry difficult time.

I too have been through unsucessful cycles of Clomid and was due to start the IUI rollercoaster, in fact we boarded but the ride was abandoned due to no response to the drugs.  I am now waiting for lap and diathermy and then back on board again.  If you ever want a private chat send me an IM.

Love

Emma xx

·
Premium Member
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks girls for your support, its nice to be able to chat with other people going through the same thing.  Obviously I talk to my close friends but unless you're in a similar boat it's hard to properly understand.
Jx

·
Premium Member
4,928 Posts
That's the beauty of this site Jed, plus you can be more open with people that are not closely affected by what you have to say/feel/think.
My sister also went through a termination (at 17), and went on to have 2 girls. She still wonders 'what if' but knows the reasons, and that she had to take the best option for all involved.

I feel like all the girls here are strangers, but also your bestest buddies.. It's difficult to describe ( and I'm still pretty much a newbie   :) )

I have also directed my closest friends to this site, for them to have a read, so they can get answers to the questions they want to ask me, but feel to scared to do face-to-face.. I'm not that scary - honest  :-[
I must come across as a mad baby crazed she devil sometimes !?!?!?!?   ;D

·
Registered
604 Posts
Hi Jed
Welcome to FF.
First thing I would like to say is that you will not be judged here whatsoever, everyone here is open, honest and supportive, whatever you have been through.
Both DP and I have friends who, for various reasons, chose not to continue with their pregancnies, 2 of them have gone on to have children, one of them now is expecting her 3rd child!
You don't mention, but what investigations have you had into your infertility?
Good luck with testing, never give up hope
Chick

1 - 7 of 7 Posts