Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone

This is all seems a bit of a minefield but I guess I'll learn the ropes.

Me and my DH are are on our second attempt of ICSI and I had my EC yesterday and got 12 eggs which we were thrilled about.  Hosp phoned this morning to say only 3 had fertilised and we've got to go back for our ET tomorrow.  Feel a little shell shocked today as our first attempt was much better fertilisation wise even though it ended in a BFN.  Anybody cheer me up?  :(  Louise

·
Premium Member
29,892 Posts
Hiya

Welcome to Fertility friends

Where abouts are u in yorkshire??

Why not pop over to the March/April cycle buddies and chat with other ladies going thru ivf/icsi or after u have had ur ET why not pop over to ladies in waiting = 2ww

Take care honey ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Emilyxx

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Emily thanks for replying.  Im in Leeds and having tx at Leeds General Infirmary.  I will take a look at that thanks.  Fingers crossed for tomorrow and hope everything goes well for you too.  Louise x

·
Registered
387 Posts
Hi Louise

Try not to worry too much - my second cycle of ICSI I had alot more eggs as they increased my Menopur to 3 amps per day.  First cycle I got 9 eggs which I thought was good - but they wanted more this time!!  First cycle 6 out of 9 fertilised, we had a grade 1 and a grade 2 transferred and none frozen.  We got a BFP but this pregnancy ended in a missed m/c.

This time - we had 15 eggs but only 10 were mature - and only 5 out of the 10 fertilised (less than last time).  I was devasted and had convinced myself when we went there on transfer day they'd tell us none were good enough.  However this time, 2 grade 1's transferred and 3 good grades frozen.  We got a BFP on 16th March and I'm keeping everything crossed for a good pregnancy this time. 

This was a really long winded way of me trying to say - it's not quantity, it's quality - we had less embies this time, but much better quality and I'm hoping that means a viable pregnancy.

You only need ONE fab embie, so good luck!!

Kim
xx

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.