Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi to you all on FF. I have been going through the pain of infertility for over 3 years now. Iam 39 and had a pretty normal cycle until I had a large ( size of 6 month fetus) ovarian cyst 4 years ago. Now my period can be anyhing from 2 weeks to 13 weeks apart.  I lost an ovary in the process and me and my hub have been trying for a baby for the last 3 years. Have tried clomid (did nothing) and Gonal F (did nothing) have just been one of the first in Devon on the free IVF but surprise surprise all I managed to grow was another cyst. Found out today the clinic can do no more for me other than egg donation but we do not want that as I feel it will not be my baby (am I being selfish?). This process has felt very lonely and everybody else I know is popping out babies like peas. Am I alone in feeling like a freak who is being punished for something?  This has also brought up a lot of stuff from my past so my self esteem is pretty low. We are now looking at adoption, has anyone got any tips. It would be great to have some feedback.
love to you all. 

·
Registered
678 Posts
Welcome to FF - you are in the right place if its support you need.  You are not being selfish - it is how you feel and please please do not feel like a freak you are not - you are a loving person who longs for a child to shower with that love.  Do not give up your dream

*Rachel*

·
Premium Member
374 Posts
Hi Carrieanne

Just wanted to welcome you to FF

You will get loads of support on here, as Rachel has said you are not being selfish at all sweety

Lots of love

Charleyxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

·
Registered
2,333 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the words of support - I did not expect a reply so quickly let alone 3. Good to hear your kind words. I had not realised how long I have spent on the site. love to you all

carrieanne

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi Carriane,

I'm new too and can share some of your heartache. I too lost an ovary to a cyst four years ago. It's a very lonely process. Hopefully you'll find people here who can understand your circumstances and offer you the support you need.

Hope your attempts at adoption will be successful.

Mouse

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.