Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

hi to you all from new girlie!

499 views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Kamac80 
#1 ·
Just want to introduce myself as I seem to spend hours on here so decided it was time to take the plunge and say hello to you all

I am 39 and have been married to my wonderful husband for 14 years.

We had ICSI in 2001 in London with an incredible doctor called Mr Taranissi, who gave us our miracle little boy after the second attempt.

We now live in Spain and have decided to try again, have been told that ICSI probably isn't suitable for us.
We are hoping to start a treatment shortly with a donated frozen embryo and we are in a fortunate position in as much as there is no waiting list here.

I am trying to find out information re what supplements or is there any specific diet which would able prepare my body for the treatment. 

Love to all

#2 ·
Hi Natsaki,

Welcome to Fertility Friends, this site is fantastic for support, information and friendship.

Congratulations on your little boy  :) Hopefully soon he will have a little brother or sister

Good luck  ^reiki^  ^reiki^

Nikki xx

#3 ·
Hi to you in sunny Spain. Good luck to you regarding your next tx, the only thing that ive read about to help with implanting is vit b. Dont know if it does work as i have been taking it since Jan and have had a recent BFN, but its worth a go and wont harm you.
Can i ask you about Dr Taranissi as i am hoping to start another go soon and have been with the same clinic since 2004. Ive read so much about him-very mixed- and would like at least a consult with him to see if can do anything different.
Thanks for any info you can give me
Mandy

#4 ·
Hi Mandy

In my eyes Mr Taranissi is 'god', his clinic ARGC have the most fantastic staff and the reason he has such high success rates is that he works soooooo hard 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. 
I think he constantly clashes with the HFEA as he is always trying 'new' ideas and even the BBC had to back down after the Panorama were critical of him as there was an outcry of support for him.
I got to know him really well and I have nothing but total admiration for his work. He is NOT selective and in fact relishes 'difficult cases'.
After I had my first ICSI he didn't just immediately suggest a 2nd treatment, first of all I went through a very simple procedure so that he could measure my uterus exactly. He discovered my uterus was slightly bigger than normal and therefore the 2nd time he placed the embryos into a different place and bingo I now have my lovely little boy.
He is so meticulous with his treatments and very very thorough. Recently my friend had an IVF treatment at another clinic (not sure where) and was told in advance which day her egg collection would take place. I was totally baffled by this as Mt Taranssi was only able to tell me the day beforehand when he was satisfied my levels were perfect to proceed.

Anyway I would highly recommend his clinic.

Nat
xx

#5 ·
Hi Nat-when you had your uterus measured was it a hysterscopy they did. I had one in Jan this year and app mine also is very large. When i had my ET a couple of weeks ago this wasnt mentioned buts its interesting to know that maybe they could be put somewhere else. Its so annoying that the whole cycle is so precise and scientific but when you get to ET its just pot luck. I have a follow up the wk after next so if i dont get any answers i will def book us an appt with Mr T.
Thanks for that
mandy

#6 ·
Hello Natsaki, welcome to Fertility Friends. :)

Congratulations on your little boy ^congrats^
I am sure that you will find plenty of ladies on FF that completely agree with you abotu Mr T and the ARGC! :)

You might want to check out the ARGC mums birthclub thread and meet other ARGC mums:

http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=134669.0

There are lot sof discussions on FF about suppliments and therapies you could try to get your body ready for prgenancy again. Try looking here:

Complimentary Therapies ~ CLICK HERE

And here are a few more links you might want to check out:

What Every New Member Needs To Know (includes a list of common abbreviations) ~ CLICK HERE

Donor sperm/eggs ~ CLICK HERE

Treatment Outside The UK ~ CLICK HERE

And don't forget to have a bit of fun while you are on FF and check out the general chit chat / jokes / hobbies area:

Girl & Boy talk - Community & Fun Board ~ CLICK HERE

You can also chat live in our excellent chat room. We have a newbie night in the chat room every week (Wednesday at 8pm), where you can meet other new members and get technical support with navigating the site and using all the functions available here. CLICK HERE FOR INFO ON NEWBIE CHAT

You can also "meet" and chat with people in your local area through the Location boards. This is especially useful to find people who may be using the same clinic and or in the same PCT area.

Wishing you lots of luck! ^reiki^

C~x

#7 ·
Hi Natsaki and welcome to the site :)

You have come to a fantastic site full of advice and support.

How lovely to hear you have a son through treatment and i wanted to wish you all the best for your upcoming treatment and that it ends with another positive result.

Kate xx

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.