Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone!

Hope you are all OK  ;D . I am pretty new to all this, only joined a few days ago but already i am feeling the benefit of talking to peeps that understand what i am going through, Thanks!  :)
Guess i better tell you all something about myself.... I am 23 years old and come from Portsmouth In Hampshire, I found out i was infertile when i was 17. This is due to me getting chlamydia and it not being cleared up properly, they tried to remove some of my adhesions by performing 2 laporoscopies but without success. Whist doing the last laporoscopy (2003) they discovered i was only born with 1 fallopian tube! So i only have one which is blocked/damaged hence why i need IVF.  :-[
I haven't started any treatment yet as its not available on the NHS in Portsmouth but i am due to go and speak to my doc soon about my options so guess i am getting the ball rolling.
I would like to wish each and everyone of you the best of luck with whatever treatment you are having and hopefully speak to you all at some point.

If anyone could possibly offer any advice to help me on my way i would be very greatful, never had anyone there that know's how it feels.

Take Care

NettyNoo
^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^

·
Registered
1,030 Posts

Hi Netty

Im sorry to hear about your past, and being so young too.....
I hear what you say about the NHS...I wasnt entitled to anything either....but i really hope that maybe the doc can give you some answers about your next step...

You will find help where ever you go on here so dont be affraid to ask!..

Wishing you all the best

Natsxx

·
Registered
136 Posts
Hi Nettynoo

Welcome you will find plenty of support here.

Egg share is always an option to bring the cost down there is an egg share thread on here if you wish to find out more.

Wishing you loads of luck.

Take care

Jane12

·
Registered
99 Posts
Hi Nettynoo

Welcome to FF

The best advice I would give you is to contact your local PCT (Primary Care Trust) yourself and find out if you are eligible for NHS funding as GP's don't always have the correct informationon on this (in my experience), It can be a long wait but you have time on your side.  :)

Wishing you lots of  ^fairydust^

Nicolaxx

·
Premium Member
663 Posts
Hi Netty, I am pretty new here too!!

Are you sure you aren't entitled to IVF on NHS?  I thought since April everyone was entitled to at least one cycle, unless you already have kids.

Ask your GP to check with the PCT, I nagged mine so much I think he thought I was a stalker!!

Jen

^fairydust^

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Nettynoo

We have met in the chat room but wanted to say welcome to you on here too ^wave^

^goodluck^ with your doctors appointment i hope he can sort something out for you to get you going again

Love & Hugs
Bear
xx

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Welcome darling!  :)

FF is a wonderful place for support. I too found out I was infertile and was dx with Premature Ovarian Failure at the age if 17.  What a hole it created in my heart to think I would never have a child of my own to share with my husband. A lot of us know your feelings exactly. Hang in there and meanwhile, make a friend or two within FF. I can tell you know that there are some incredible people within this site.

Best of luck to you sweetheart.  :-*

Amanda aka. GuitarAngel1979 xx

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
^hello^

Thanks everyone for replying  ^afro^ was really nice to hear from you all!

I will definitely look into the egg sharing Jane12, would love to think i could possibly help someone in a similar situation.
The reason myself and my DP are going to see the doc is because we heard that as of April 05 everyone had a free go, bratt, i am glad you have mentioned it too cos that hopefully means its true  ^reiki^
Well, i am writing this pretty late, must go to bed  ^wave^

Take care all, feels nice to have a little group  ^Cuddle^ to share my worries with and i am sure i make a good listener if anyone would like to moan at me for a while  ;D

NettyNoo

^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^

PS - I loooove these fairies!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.