Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi   :)

Never been on website like this before and bit nervous but going to launch into history.  I'm 36, so is DH. I have a son from previous relationship who's 12. DH and I been ttc for 5 years. Had ectopic at start, only had one tube anyway so that was end of that and after investigation IVF only option.  1st cycle may 07 BFN, 2nd cycle Jan 08 BFP! We are over moon and thought that finally we can relax and enjoy but I been spotting and bleeding on and off since 9 wks, amd 15 wks now.  Anybody else experienced this?

cheers

L

·
Premium Member
18,308 Posts
Hello Lornalou, welcome to fertiltiy Friends. :)

Congratulations on your pregnancy! ^congrats^
Yes, spotting and even bleeding in pregnancy is incredbly common. I myself had a huge bleed at 7 weeks and then spotted almost continiously until 18 weeks with another smaller bleed at 15 weeks. At this stage, if you've had a scan and no problems detected and heard a heartbeat ther chances are it's nothing much to worry about but, I know it's really hard not to fret.
Why don't you have a look on the Bun In The Oven section and meet other memmbers who have been succesful and are now pregnant after fertility treatment:

Bun In The Oven ~ CLICK HERE

And while here, check out the new member FAQ:

What Every New Member Needs To Know (includes a list of common abbreviations) ~ CLICK HERE

And don't forget to have a bit of fun while you are on FF and check out the general chit chat / jokes / hobbies area:

Girl & Boy talk - Community & Fun Board ~ CLICK HERE

You can also chat live in our excellent chat room. We have a newbie night in the chat room every week (Wednesday at 8pm), where you can meet other new members and get technical support with navigating the site and using all the functions available here. CLICK HERE FOR INFO ON NEWBIE CHAT

You can also "meet" and chat with people in your local area through the Location boards. This is especially useful to find people who may be using the same clinic and or in the same PCT area.

Wishing you a healthy and uneventful prgenancy!

C~x

·
Premium Member
13,830 Posts
Hi Lornalou and welcome to the site :)

You have come to a fantastic site full of advice and support.

First of all a massive congrats on your pregnancy :) I had spotting at 6 weeks and scan showed all was ok and then at 10 weeks i had a very heavy bleed with clots and when i had a scan baby was all ok. I am now nearly 23 weeks and all is ok :) I know you must be worried as we all are when we spot/bleed in pregnancy, if you do still feel worried if you spot then see your GP or call your midwife. I wish you loads of luck for a healthy pregnancy.

Kate xx

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Caz for the help, I have put messages in a couple of other areas of the site now. Thanks kate for your advice, feel a lot happier knowing that other people have gone through the same thing!

Lorna :)

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Sades, it's reassuring to know that others have gone through the same. 

Lorna X

1 - 5 of 5 Posts