Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello...

I desided to register and post on here tonight because of having a discussion with my mum earlier about my fertility.
I'm only 17 and not looking to concieve yet but I was diagnosed with endometriosis when I was 14 after surgery to remove a large cyst on my left ovary.  I lost the ovary and fallopian tube as well.
While they were doing the surgery they also found I have a bicornuate uterus.  It's splity right down the middle (the spilt was so bad the gynae I was seeing at the time checked I only had one cervix - which I do).
I was told what with having lost the ovary on the bigger side of my womb that I'd need IVF if I ever want kids.  ???

On thursday I'm having a laparoscopy, hysteroscopy and colonoscopy to laser away any endo I have and so that my new gynae can suss out what's going on with my womb etc...  I'm sort of bracing myself for what he reports back to me.  I already know there are fertility issues, but after denying it for so long when I was first told, I think hearing it again is going to be quite a blow.  (Sounds a bit stupid when I can say it to myself and I know it already  ^idiot^).
Anyway, there are a few pointers towards the possibility I might have a fibroid too and all this is mounting up to make me really think if I'll ever even have the option of IVF.

Sorry this is long and waffled but I'm just a bit confused by it all at the moment.  I'm nervous about what they'll find when I have my op and if I'll need further surgery.
I just want to be clud-up about all ther fertility issues I have to stop it all suddenly being new and scary one day when I want to start a family, and it's been on my mind a lot resently!  :-\

P

·
Registered
911 Posts
Hello there welcome to ff i cant help much with your post but justwanted to give you a warm welcome and say hi im sure there will be a few girls on here that can help you out hun

bye for now

Kerry xxx

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Hi Pindy

Welcome to FF  ^wave^

17 and been through so much, just wanted to send you a hug  ^hugme^ anytime you need to offload or chat we are always here.

Take care and stay strong
Shaz xxxx

·
Premium Member
1,043 Posts
Hi Pindy

Just wanted to welcome you to FF and wish you all the best for Thursday.

You have come to the right place for support  ^hugme^.

Take care.

Terri xx

·
Registered
302 Posts
Poor you.  I was faced with the prospect of no kids at a young age as well, although for different reasons.  It is alot to take in as it is just something you presume you will be able to do.

Although problems have been discovered, it is positive that you have found out early so that you know what you are potentially going to have to deal with.  Try and take it one step at a time.  People still get pregnant naturally with one tube and ovary.  It may be more difficult, but not impossible!  As for the issues with the shape of your womb, just don't be frightened to ask questions.  When a dr says that you may have to have IVF ask why and get him to explain it to you.

Remember, any decent man will love for you regardless of your fertility and that IVF, although not easy, can and does work!

Best of luck.

Angela xxx

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.