Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone can answer my question.  Isaw the consultant for IVF today nad he gave me a prescription for the drugs.  He's put me on 300 iui of menpour per day thats 4 injections.  Is this the normal doseage or is it high, he muttered something about my age and the fact I'm close to starting the menopause so am reading that this is a high dose or am i wrong and its a low dose.

Confused please help!!

·
Premium Member
1,509 Posts
Hiya

i was on 450iu of menopur so dont worry i am sure they have matched your dosage either to previous usage or to your blood levels

Love Mini xx

·
Premium Member
934 Posts
Hi girls,
Just read this thread and i also need some reassurance. my consultant has recommended that on next try in Feb i should have 8 amps of menopur per day as well as trying ICSI to improve fertlisation rate. but when i asked if he was going to test fsh level, he said no they would base treatment on last cycle, but my fsh has fluctuated from 2.4 in 2003 to 15.3 , 11.2 and last one was 10.4. he seemed to be doing his best to put me off. Ami i fooling myself and wasting time and money having another go
thanks
Casey

·
Registered
910 Posts
hi night nurse
just read your post.this is my first ivf have been d/ring for 3 weeks 1 more week to go hopefully then I will start menopor.I thought it was only 1 injection but I know nothing ^confused^If you are having 4 injections for 300iu that means I will have 3 injections for 225iu oh my god ^scared^ ^scared^.anyway good luck with your treatment hope it goes well 
lots of love and luck
jane xxxxxxx
^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^

·
Premium Member
2,836 Posts
Sorry to but in ....

But even on 300 you will only need one injection - you just use one water and 4 ampules diluting one and then using that to dilute the next one and so on.

I probably havent explained that very well, I am sure that someone else will be able to explain much better  ;D ;D ;D

Good Luck &  ^fairydust^

Looby xxx

·
Premium Member
1,259 Posts
Just FYI - At the clinic I went to the lowest dose of Menopur is 150 iu and the highest I know of was around 450iu

At the end of the day high dose or low as long as its right for you and you get your eggies thats all that counts.

Clare

1 - 6 of 6 Posts