Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!
1st cycle of ivf 225 gonal f only had 6 follies 5 eggs found your site which is a god send!! 2nd go at ivf 375 gonalf day 2 of scan and its worse than last cycle ..........
upped to 600 gonal f .....is this normal .... what happens now ?? am i doing some thing wrong .. feel confused and let down ...
any help or direction would be appreciated  im only 36 am i too old ??????
many thanks for your time

·
Premium Member
508 Posts
Hi Marzy :)

I'm on the maximum strength of Gonal F too, and I'm only 32!

First time I was on 225 iui in the morning and 150 iui in the evening, but my final scan showed I only had 2 follies of usable size, so they upped the dose to the max for the last few days before e/c. I ended up with 5 eggs collected in the end (4 embryo's, cycle failed), so upping the dose definately helped me get more follies worth using!

I think they base the levels we need on FSH levels and weight :-\ 
Do you know what your FSH was? Mine was 9.4 one month (highish for my then age of 31), but I don't think there's anything we can really do to lower our FSH levels. I have read about agnus cacus (spelling wrong I think!), but haven't tried it.

I've also put on 2 stone in weight since I started IVF, so I think that may have contributed to my poorish response to the lower dose as well. I'm currently doing weight watchers to improve my chances for next time (coming off v slowly!).

At least though by being on the max dose of Gonal F your clinic are making sure they're giving you the best shot at getting more eggs next time.

^goodluck^ Marzy!  Hoping it's 3rd time lucky for you! ^wave^

luv Nat xx

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hi kelsey
i had 5 on 1st go size 10 8 6 5 4 when then upped drugs i got 12 ec but only 6 follies big enough so i suppose you could say it didnt really improve!!!
this time 5 follies sizes 10 8 4 4 5 i just hope by being on 600 gonal f i dont get a lead follie ie 10......
my fsh is 4.3 low i think........
its just gutting to think i have less than last time but with a much higher dose!!
if this doesnt improve how high can i go on gonal ????
is 600 the max??
good luck and keep me up to date with progress
good luck with w watchers....

·
Premium Member
508 Posts
Hi again Marzy :)

You FSH is really quite low, which is great news! It's strange you haven't responded so well to the Gonal F though with such a great FSH level. I wish mine was that low!

I'm not sure what the max dose is. Perhaps it depends on which clinic we're at, because I was told I'll be on the max strength for my next cycle, which is 450 iui daily. I have to inject 225 iui in the morning and 225 iui in the evening.

I'm also concerned how well I'll respond this time round. Hopefully losing weight will help me! One and half pounds lost this week! It is a gutter though when there aren't many good size follies.

Hopefully though this time you will respond better to the 600 iui. I was told by a fellow FF that for some reason we respond better to the drugs in the spring time! ;D

^goodluck^ !!
When's your e/c by the way? Keep me posted on your progress!

luv Nat xx

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hi kelsey
dunno if im still on for ec ws 14th feb could be later or not at all????
take care

·
Premium Member
508 Posts
Hi Marzy :)

Really hope e/c goes ahead on the 14th. Hopefully upping the dose will do the trick.

I just saw your other post. You sound really worried. Lets hope someone out there found themselves in a similar position to you and has a positive story to help put your mind at rest.

Take care, and best of luck on the 14th.

Let me know how it goes :) Fingers crossed,

luv Nat ^reiki^ ^fairydust^

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.