Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I wondered if you could help me
I am 5+4 weeks pregnant today and when i got up had a red bleed
It wasnt a lot but has been present every time I wipe and is def fresh blood

My HCG levels were 891 on 17dpo

and 6800 on 21dpo and my prog reading was 36
so all looked good until this morning

I havent had any cramps but am really worried, but did read somewere that bleeds in early pregnancy are more common with twins

My EPU wont see me without a referral from my gp and they are closed today so have to wait until tom to see them
but wondered if anyone could help?
thanks so much
bettyb x

·
Registered
669 Posts
hiya, i had a bleed around 5 weeks, cant remember what my hcg was, i bled for almost a week, was convinced id mc but had twins :) you wont know til you have your scan, good luck, let us know how you get on.
lisa x x

·
Registered
312 Posts
Iya Betty,

I never bled at all in my pregnancy and on day 14 my HCG level was 282.  I was told that these leves do not means anything apart from basically that your pregnant as all ladies and their bodies are so different. I have read of ladies with a higher HCG than mine who still had a singleton.

Good luck with your scan, that's when you'll find out.

City Chic x

·
Registered
985 Posts
Hi, I had high HCG levels around 339 14dpt and around 4450 21dpt, I had a bleed at 6+1 days and thought I'd had a mc, my blood was very red and I bled for a full afternoon and night, but with only very mild cramps.

I went for an emergency scan the next morning at the unit I'd had my IVF at and found that I was expecting Elizabeth & Cameron who are 2 in Sept  ;) 

They said although not normal, it is quite common to have an early bleed, they think mine was caused by my Endo?

Good Luck, hope everything works out well for you and as Lisa said, let us know how you get on  ^hugme^

Love Becca xx

·
Registered
312 Posts
Mornin Betty,

Hope the HCG level results put your mind at rest until your next scan when you see your little tv stars, even if just a little.... it's almost impossible I know.

Have they given you another scan date ?

Take Care

City Chic x

·
Registered
312 Posts
Iya Betty,

Good levels.... must prove that something is definately right for you....

5 weeks + is very early to see heartbeats..... sometimes 6 weeks is too..... We were lucky to see our boys heartbeats at our first scan at 6 weeks so hopefully you will too...

Good luck trying to stay sane for the next week.

City Chic x

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Betty,

Hope all is well when you have your next scan. Fingers crossed for your twin pregnancy x x

·
Registered
740 Posts
Wanted to wish you the best of luck...I know this stage is agonising but things really do sound good for you.
Everything crossed for you. Please don't worry about measurements at this stage. I know you said that you'd read that a few days out at this stage could be really significant but we were told at our seven week scan that it is very very difficult to get accurate measurements that early.

I know it's impossible to relax so I just hope the time goes really quickly for you and you get some reassurance soon.
^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

·
Registered
669 Posts
congratulations, you must be sooooooooooooooo pleased, hope you have a fab pregnancy
lisa x x

·
Registered
985 Posts
Hi, sooo pleased to read your update, glad everything is going well.

Try and take it easy and get lots of rest...you're going to need it growing 2 babies  :-*

Love Becca xx

1 - 11 of 11 Posts