Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can you tell me if I have a chance of reducing my Day 2 LH level, if I follow the advice of low carb/high protein diet, exercise and metformin 3x500mg/d? Is there an often seen improvement or not?

Also, do I have much chance with IVF with such high Day 2 LH (it has been 16, 23 and 18)? I know it has associations with poor egg production, hyperstimulation, poor embryo development and miscarriage. I don't want to pay £5000 for IVF/ICSI with blastocyst implantation if there's no hope. Although I don't know what I'll do if there's no hope. I'm trying so hard, but at the moment it all seems to far away.... Please can anyone tell me if they have any experience of this, -ve or +ve. :(

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
There is always hope and a high LH should not put you off trying. It´s more a matter of the clinic taking those levels into account and monitoring you appropriately so that the incidence of OHSS is reduced and egg quality is maximised. I am not aware of an increase chance of miscarrige or embryo development.
You do need to all the things mentioned, diet metformin etc so that you are giving yourself the best chance. No-one can give guarantees but there is always hope. Don´t give up on it.

Ruth

1 - 2 of 2 Posts