Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Ruth and all,

Im just approaching my 3rd IUI and in the previous 2 I have had spotting from 5dpo until AF at 14dpo,  1 cycle no progesterone,  one with prog,  which they then increased to 3 a day.

Ruth you mentioned it could of been due to high progesterone rather than low,  but I dont really understand,  I didnt think you could have too much?
Could you enlighten me further.

Thanks

Katie

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
You can't have too much progesterone but occasionally when there are high levels spotting can occur. It is more likely to be low levels and it would be worthwhile having levels checked as if you are either not producing or not absorbing enough progesterone then they may need to have progesterone in a different form.

Ruth

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Hi Katie,

I spotted on all my 2ww's with Cytogest pessaries from about day 8. They really did not work for me although I had the horrible side-effects.

After 3 failed cycles my levels were taken and my progesterone was very low compared to before my first cycle.

I then had Gestone injections (Progesterone in oil) and they worked a treat. I did not spot at all until after the 2ww and had less side-effects although the needle looks scary and some people (luckily not me) find it painful.

Hope that this helps.  Good luck!

With warmest regards,

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.