Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone had success with high stims? Am repeatedly being told to go for 475iu Menopur as I respond  so poorly but read a lot this can  damage your eggs so looking to see if it's worked for anyone else.  Am nearly 41 and have AMH of 0.5.xx

·
Premium Member
4,225 Posts
Hello

Whilst I didn't get a BFP when my AMH was 2 and AFC 4 I did a 450 Menopur stim and got 4 eggs, all mature with 100% fert, was better than the clinic (and us) expected

L xx

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks lily, think you told me that before but am getting so confused, bloody head is swimming!xx

·
Premium Member
4,225 Posts
Ah sorry hadn't realised saw new post about it so didn't click we had spoken and just replied

L x

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No, it's great that you did as am getting so confused am forgetting what's been said, especially positive stuff about high stims. Just  read your signature too, lovely news hope everything goes well for you. :) xx

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hi,

My last attempt was with 450 , 225 gonal-f plus 225 menopur.
It was the worst cycle :-(

Where we normally had lots of fertilization, we only had 1 in 4

Hope it works better for you ! Good luck

·
Registered
445 Posts
Hi Val,
I had a good response with high stimms -  450 dose (combination of merional and fostimon - my clinic say natural fsh is better for low amh) and I also took zomacton (growth hormone)
I got 8 eggs on my first cycle and 5 of those were good quality on day 3 (now frozen)
On my second cycle I got 13 eggs, 10 fertilized and 6 went on to be good quality blastocysts. One of those embryos went on to become my current pregnancy!
I am 37 and have an amh of 3.2 at the last count...
High dose does work for some but not for others and unfortunately you won't know which you are until you try!
Good luck
Xx

1 - 7 of 7 Posts