Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ladies

I'm on my first cycle of DIUI, had follicle reduction and insemination on Wed during which I was "poorly" according to the nurses.  The past 2 days I have taken it easy, felt OK aside from bloated windy tummy but last night I got all shivery and sweaty in bed.  This morning I have a high temperature and my joints are aching. 

Anyone else experienced this?  Is it likely to be related to tx or just bad luck?

Please help, I don't want to be a nuisance and over-react but I don't want to suffer needlessly or put myself at risk.

Sallyx

·
Premium Member
5,678 Posts
I guess it could be a reaction to the anaethetic  but more likely you've just picked up a general bug. I'd have a word with your clinic to be on the safe side & I hope you feel better soon ^hugme^

·
Registered
12,048 Posts
I would ring the clinic, as you may have an infection and they could give you AB's- the shivery and high temp are signs and symptoms of infection. Really hope you are ok and the cycle is ok.  You could also have had a reaction to something they gave you.  Some girls with IVF experience this but further along the 2ww and it is implantation or Natural killer cells response to embryos- but as you have had IUI it is too early.
Take care hun
and best of luck with the cycle
L x

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your replies, I did end up speaking to the emergency gynae ward and they think it is just a bug and have told me to take paracetamol and stay in bed - fingers crossed I feel better tomorrow. x  ^pray^

·
Premium Member
11,096 Posts
Hello Sal

Hope you're feeling a little better today hun.

It was the right thing to do calling them. As JJ1 said - also symptoms of infection so better to get it checked out

Love

Emma  :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts