Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I just wanted to ask if anyone has had a high level of testosterone and not had PCOS?

At my recent follow up I asked my cons if a high testosterone level could affect egg quality and she said it was possible.  The reason I asked was because my previously cons at local Hosp said I had a raised level.  I get unwanted hair on my chin also and have done for some time.

I had a blood test that day and got my results today, level was 0.07 and I was told this was fine.  I queried whether this test should have been done at a certain point in my cycle and nurse said she didn't know.  Since speaking to her I looked it up on the net and found a site saying that the best time to test this level is between 8-10 in the morning as levels can change during the day and not before 8 days of menstruating or the result coud be inacurate.

I spoke again to Clinic and I'm having another test on Monday which is CD9.

Has anyone else had this test and was the timing crucial to the result?

·
Premium Member
6,212 Posts
Hi,

I to have high testosterone but i dont have PCOS! I thought i did have PCOS as i seemed to have many symptoms!!

I am afraid that i didnt have the test though so i am unable to help with that!!

Good luck hun

x x x

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your reply Liz,

How do you know you have it, because of the symptoms?

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Premium Member
6,212 Posts
Hi,

I know i have it coz when i went for my all my tests with my doctor this was what came out of of one hun!!

x x

1 - 5 of 5 Posts