Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi Peter, hope you can help me with the following!
Brief history:
ttc 18 months
me: fsh 5.8 & 7.8
lh 13 & 12
tubes clear

dh:
fine except high abnormal averaging only 15% normal form

we have an appt with guys to start ivf/icsi. this week. my question concerns my lh levels. I appear to ovulate each month (sticks and bbt), I was wondering if this lh level effects my egg quality and chances of conceiving/implantation. I may have had an early m/c last year ovulated day 18 period arrived 2wks late pt was negative so not sure! any advice or opinions would be greatly appreciated, thanks

·
Registered
856 Posts
loopylou said:
hi Peter, hope you can help me with the following!
Brief history:
ttc 18 months
me: fsh 5.8 & 7.8
lh 13 & 12
tubes clear

dh:
fine except high abnormal averaging only 15% normal form

we have an appt with guys to start ivf/icsi.

There is no indication whatsoever here for ICSI. It is really worrying how so many clinics opt for ICSI. Unless you have had previous failed fertilisations I can't see any reason why you need ICSI at this treatment.

this week. my question concerns my lh levels. I appear to ovulate each month (sticks and bbt), I was wondering if this lh level effects my egg quality and chances of conceiving/implantation. I may have had an early m/c last year ovulated day 18 period arrived 2wks late pt was negative so not sure! any advice or opinions would be greatly appreciated, thanks

The LH is not too high and it will not effect the overall result.
It does not matter really as you will be down regulated and LH will therefore be zero. I would more importantly get back to your clinic and ask them to axplain in detail why you are having ICSI rather than IVF.

Good luck!

Peter

1 - 2 of 2 Posts