Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

I've been suffering in the past four months from occasional outbreaks of hives and have just realised that there this might be symptomatic of a thyroid issue?  I had my TSH and T4 levels checked when I have my initial investigative bloods done a year ago and they were within the normal ranges.  Should I go back and get re-tested for hypothyroidism?  I don't seem to have any other symptoms except for slightly irregular periods and unexplained secondary infertility.

I just wondered if anyone had had this before and found out that they had a thyroid issue or perhaps I'm just clutching at straws since the failure of our third and final IUI :(.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

·
Premium Member
15,864 Posts
When do you get hives?  is it connected to your cycles, or to when you think you might be getting implantation?  Obviously its an immune system sign - so I'm wondering whether you want to consider NK cells and because its secondary infertility possibly a DQa match?  There is info in the FAQ on both if you wanted to have a look...  what were your thyroid results when you had them tested?  Is it worth testing thyroid antibodies and maybe screening for clotting issues like APLAs?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts