Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks for letting me join guys!
My name is Mrs FYS, I am 29, Dh is 28, together 9.5 years and TTC 4 years this month  :'(
For the 1st 2 years we just DTD and waited for things to happen, which they didnt!
After we we married, and still no BFP (never had 1), we decided to swallow hard and go to GP.
From there we did the usual cd5 & 21 bloods, then referred to FS in NPT.
So when there, 1st appnt we had SA & Internal scan done, SA was 50 million  ;D so we was very happy, and nothing showed on scan so FS wanted to do Lap & Dye. (sorry if Im boring you lol)
So I had the L&D on May26th 2010 and showed Mild endo which covered left ovary which was all lasered away, this actually made me feel better. Finding "something" wrong! FS very adamant we would not need our post op follow up cos we would be PG. NOT
OCt 5th 2010 - Put onto IVF waiting list for LWC Swansea and offered some IUI while we wait.
Im devastated, I cried whilst the nurse hugged me! Bless her! I was CD21 that day so redone bloods and put in for IUI at POW Bridgend for next cycle.
Very excited, a weeks wirth of scan before I was given my injection & told to report to POW 36 hours later.
(sorry if still boring you)
IUI never happened, DH's sample was 6 mil pre washing and only 250k post wash which (according to the profs) isnt enough for IUI.
Cue devastation on our part, we both cried, I felt so bad for DH, Id been on the vits & reflexology & EPO & god knows what, all this time neglecting him.
We never returned for our follow up SA, we couldnt go through that again.
So here we are, 35 days away from 1st IVF appnt, and if you've made it this far down this MASSIVE intro I applaud you.

MrsFYS
xxxxx

·
Registered
123 Posts
hey,
didnt want to read and run, but just wanted to send you a  ^hugme^ and say good luck for your appointment. sending lots of  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ for 2011
take care,
Gems xx

·
Premium Member
10,615 Posts
good luck hunny, hang on in there  ^hugme^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

·
Premium Member
12,192 Posts
Welcome to FF, Mrs FYS!! This is a great website for support, information, laughter and friendship, it has kept me (relatively!) sane though all my treatment. I don't know how I would have coped without the lovely people here. Have a good look round the site, post in whatever section you want and make yourself at home. There are so many sections here with a huge amount of information, so whatever you are going through there will be someone here to help you.

I managed to get through your intro post! ;) Don't worry, I have seen ones longer and certainly less interesting! ;D

We have a Male factors board ~ CLICK HERE Perhaps the lovely people there would be able to offer more advice on sperm quality.

Here are a couple of other links that I think might be of interest.

A Rough Guide To IVF ~CLICK HERE

IVF General chat ~ CLICK HERE

Questions for your first cycle consultation ~ (use the ones that apply) CLICK HERE

While undergoing treatment, you might find it useful to join other ladies having treatment at the same time. The Cycle Buddies threads are just for that. Just pop along to the appropriate month and say "Hi" when you are ready to start treatment ~ CLICK HERE

The What Every New Member Needs To Know (includes a list of common abbreviations) thread will give you some info on how to navigate the site ~ CLICK HERE

We also have a newbie night in the chat room every Wednesday where you can meet other new members and a few more experienced (I won't use the term "old"!) members will be there to answer any questions you have about the site. CLICK HERE FOR INFO ON NEWBIE CHAT

Please feel free to ask more questions here, or on any other part of the site, there will be wonderful helpful people there to give you lots of support, information and cyber hugs if you need it. We go through all the highs and lows of treatment together.

Good luck! ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Sue ^hugme^

·
Registered
140 Posts
Good luck,
im on my first round of IVF 13 days into meds.
all the best
x

·
Registered
113 Posts
Just a little message to say a good luck for your coming treatment.  I've just begun treatment at LWC swansea as well unfortunately we have to do this privately as my husband already has children from a previous relationship.  Just a little encouraging message to say they were lovely and caring on our initial consultation this week.  I'm sure your experience will be the same.  For me its just a relief that something is actually happening xxx  ^hugme^

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.