Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I am currently at day 9 of my first cycle of IUI.  However I have been offered a new job (which I have accepted) as nearer home and clinic and will therefore make my travelling easier and hopefully less stress.

My dilema is that I have 6 days of hols left from my current job and new employer wants me there asap, so if me and DH wanted a week away then we could only manage the during my 2ww.

Does anyone know if your not supposed to fly during this time, or indeed in the first trimester?  Has anyone else went on holiday during this time?

Thanks
C x

·
Registered
387 Posts
I went on hol the very next day and consultant said it was fine , although someone else on this thread was told not to. If anything it was great to get away and I really didnt think about it all at all whilst away. sadly we got a bfn so we will never know. I personally think that for me the change of scene was much needed and no one really can say anyway so I would go for it.
Good luck with what ever you decide

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hi Cera,

my clinic told me that it was fine to travel from the day after treatment, they like you to stay on the ground the day you have your IUI incase you have any bleeding or any other problems, that way you can get any medical help/advice you may need, but if you don't have any bleeding you are ok to travel.

obivously you would avoid carrying heavy luggage, pushing luggage trolleys, standing for a long time in the check in queue etc.  enjoy your holiday!!

Lou.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Hi Cera,

I'm due to go on holiday once I've been IUI'd this month and my cons wasn't bothered. It's better to go in your 2ww when you're not delaying any treatment isn't it?

Gd luck with the new job and enjoy your holiday.

xxxx

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for all the advice girls.  Will keep you updated esp if good news.  Although to be honest I am treating this one as a trial run so to speak and see what else we find out as we go along.

C xx

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.