Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello and congratulations,

It's great - and reassuring - to hear it worked for you first time at Holly House.  We're starting there soon - and I was just wondering if the consultant you talk about was Talha Shawaf?

·
Registered
209 Posts
Hi Kitty

Have sent you IM

love
Churchill
x

·
Registered
111 Posts
Hi,

I have been at HH since Nov 2003 & just had Blastocyst ET 13/7 (2nd IVF), anyone fancy a chat about HH?

Lisa xx

·
Registered
101 Posts
Hi,

Wonderful news Lisa ;D

I too was with the Essex Fertility Centre and they were brill. My first pregnancy ended in m/c and they dealt with it very sympathetically. I am pleased to report that I now have 3 month old twins!

Thumbs up for Holly House ^afro^

Love Nicnack xx

·
Premium Member
1,903 Posts
Great to see these stories

We went for our consultation last week at HH and OMG I cannot believe the difference between them and my previous clinic  :-\  I feel I am in the best possible place now and Its lovely to read such reassuring stories from others

Kim xxxx

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have had two cycles of ICSI at Holly House.  I have found them to be great (perhaps because I am now 15weeks and 3 days pregnant).  I had blastocyst transfer and have 3 frozen embies.  I found all the staff very sympathetic and was very pleased with the way were were treated.  The doctor appeared a little standoffish to start but warmed up with time.  I must admit that I have not had any experience anywhere else but I would recommend them to anyone - not least because they have a very good success rate (4th in the UK I think). 

·
Registered
212 Posts
Hi,

Hope I can help. I have been going to HH since 2002 and apart from being really local (I live in Chingford), they have always looked after me and helped where possible. I had a m/c at 7 week scan in 2002 and they were great. When I got pg with the boys, I was going there every few days at my insistance for hcg checks to see if beta was rising. I got OHSS after ET and they saw me and scanned me with no charge to see how bad. I also bled a week after my 7 week scan, and saw me the next day (mon) and again scanned me free of charge to see if I had m/c. They also allowed me to use Dr Beers immune protocol along side my IVF there which alot of hospitals won't allow. I think they knew what I had been through, and having been to 2 UK m/c centres and nothing found, they were happy to support me if it meant success. Since my treatment they too are infact sending patients for immune tests if needed now, so shows their open mindedness. They may not monitor as closely as ARGC with bloods every day etc while stimming, but I have had 7 blasts in 2002 and 11 last time, and they are getting around 50% success rates with them. I think they would like everyone to get to blasts so you know they are always aiming for that. Some clinics seem less enthusiastic, and do 2-3 day transfers, and I feel this is down to HHs confidence in their lab.
I would recommend nowhere else.

Helen

·
Registered
190 Posts
Helen, I have found your post really helpful.  After having two failed cycles at the ARGC, I am now thinking of HH.  I too have the immune issues which were discovered at the ARGC, so I'm pleased to hear that HH also can support this. 

Do you know if they give IVIG?

·
Premium Member
1,903 Posts
Hi Ella

I've recently had my consultation at HH and asked them how they treat Immune Issues and the consultant there advised they do not offer IVIG but treat with Steroids and i think Heparin

Kim x

·
Registered
190 Posts
Thanks Kim for letting me know.  I'm happy with that.  I think they would probably use Heparin and Prednisalone, which is what I used at ARGC. 

How did you find your initial consultation?  How long a wait did you have before getting one?  When are you able to start?  Sorry for bombarding you with questions.

Ella

·
Premium Member
1,903 Posts
Hi

Thats OK, i'm new to HH myself but will give you as much info as i can

I booked my appointment a few months in advance but that was my plan, HH waiting time for consultations was (and i believe still is) approximately 6 weeks.
I found the consultation a real eye opener, i found them so genuine, friendly and actually concearned with the best course of action for you.  Totally different to how our previous clinic treated us. 
We was also informed by HH that my husband has an antibody problem with his sperm, so although his count is ok and they can fertilise an egg, it affects the  quality. which no other hospital had told us and it says it on all his previous SA's too. 

We was told we can start treatment as soon as we liked, whatever month i wanted to start then just to call them on the day 1.  For us, we'd like to try to improve my husbands swimmers before we start again and we have a holiday  to look forward to too  :)

Hope i've been of some help  ???

Kim xxxx

·
Registered
190 Posts
Yes you have Kimmy, thank you.

Wishing you success.

Ella x

·
Registered
678 Posts
Hi guys.  Just to add my input.  About to embark on my fourth go at HH having been a patient since Oct 2003.  I also have immune problems identified by ARGC.  Cut a long story short had two treatments at HH - went to ARGC - had the immune tests but didn't like the way they operated so went back to HH.  Had a failed treatment June/July and back on the road again. 

I am taking aspirin and prednisolone at HH.  Did discuss Humira and all the other things ARGC like to recommend but Michael was not happy to endorse as not licensed in the UK.  I think HH are great.  Although I've never been successful I think that is more down to my problems than anything HH could have done.  The support I get is fantastic and in a weird way I feel part of the "family".  At ARGC I just felt like a number and used to spend my time in tears.................

Good luck to all the HH girls.  May all our dreams come true.  xxx

·
Registered
190 Posts
Thanks daycj for your reply.  Very interesting that you feel the same as me about the ARGC.  I also felt that I was one of their experimental ginea pigs. 

I had a chat with dh last night (after floods of tears that were building up over time) and I think we are going to bring forward our plans for IVF at HH to the end of this year, as opposed to next summer.  I feel very positive about HH already. 

Thank you Kim too.  I hope you received my pm and understand.
E

·
Registered
678 Posts
Ella12

Isn't it funny how you are either a real ARGC fan or not at all.  I really liked Mr T (when I could see him!) but I didn't like the Aussie girls that worked in the office or the fact that all your personal stuff was discussed in an open plan room.  I know we are all there for the same thing but sometimes I do get over-emotional and am prone to tears very easily.  I also found it physically hard trecking back and forth each day for blood test after blood test.  All in all I'm very happy I'm back at HH. 

Best of luck to you and Kim with your treatments there.  I'm sure you won't find them wanting in terms of care and/or attention.  The embroyologists are lovely too - especially Andy and Hannah.  Karen can be a bit strange but she's OK when you get to know her!  Bit matter of fact sometimes I guess............  HH will, if they can, push you to blastocyst too.  It has a much much higher rate of success.  I've never been lucky enough to make it but lots of people do. 

Just waiting for AF to arrive (due today) and then I will start again on D21 - good old injections AGAIN.  Hopefully e/c late Sept/early Oct and then a nice BFP in time for Christmas.  I live in hope!  xxx

·
Premium Member
1,980 Posts
Hi everyone

I too am at HH like my good friend Kimmy  :)

DayCJ and Ella  - I was really interested to read your experiences  - I was contemplating the ARGC at one point but am so glad I am back with HH after reading your posts. I had an abandoned IUI at HH last June and then went to Barts for 2 cycles (NHS funding came along just as I was about to start ICSI @ HH). All the way through both cycles at Barts I wished I was back at HH. I love them and am really looking forward to cycling with them next month. Just waiting for immunology results at the mo. I was encouraged to hear from the nurse at HH that they sometimes prescribe Prednisolone even if your immune tests come back clear as they believe it might help those with a history of no implantation.

DayCJ - we may be starting at the same time. I am planning to start on next Day 21 and prob EC/ET early October too. Might see you at the clinic. I always have my FF orange ribbon on my bag so say Hi if you see me!!

Nicky x

·
Registered
678 Posts
Hi Nicky.  Good to hear from you.  How funny that you were at Barts too.  I've finally got my NHS funding come through and I've got my first appointment at Barts on 31 October.  I'm working on the basis that I'm not going to need it so have really pushed it to the back of my mind.  This time my HH treatment will be successful.  I've also started having accupuncture.  I had a treatment this morning and I can barely keep my eyes open now.  I'm really gonna try and eat and drink all the right things too................

I don't have an orange ribbon but will definitely look out for you when I'm there.  xxxxxxxx

·
Premium Member
1,903 Posts
Hi daycj

Just to say you could meet Nicky (and some other fellow HH's) at a little meet up we're arranging locally, just a group of women (usually 7 or 8) just chatting about treatments / hospitals and life really (oh while stuffing our faces :p)

http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,34075.10.html

Join the board if you're interested ;)

oh and that go's for anyone else local who fancies joining us for a natter

I too am very encouraged by your stories, I contemplated going to the ARGC but i could get a general feel of the place by the receptionist who wasnt as warm and friendly as te HH bunch. I'm eager to start now and really feel i'm in the best possible place :)

The other good thing is that HH actually recommend you have reflexology / acunpuncture etc alongside treatment, whereas Barts told me not to :(

Kim xxxxx

·
Premium Member
1,980 Posts
Yes, do come along - I hadn't realised you were so close in good old Gidea Park (that's where my Nan lived :))

Our meets are great and not at all scary! (Apart from Kimmy  ^idiot^!!) We could meet 1:1 first if you find the thought of a bigger meet overwhelming  ;)

Nicky x

·
Premium Member
1,903 Posts
;D ;D ;D

I'm not at all scary  ^zombie^ although me tinks i may have been drunk when i wrote the above, look at the spelling mistakes!!!  ;D

1 - 20 of 95 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.