Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thank you everyone, x

I finally left the hospital yesterday, and I'm so glad to be home. I'm still in a lot of pain more than I thought I would be which is like adding insult to injury when you feel so low anyway.

I had the key hole surgery 7pm Monday eve, and yesterday I was in awful pain. The wind inside and up to your shoulders just makes it unbareable at times?

The surgeon said it was a more complex op than she thought as I had lots of adhesions through both fallopian tubes, sadly she had to remove the right one with the ectopic pregnancy and adhesions from the left, she said the chances of me ever falling naturally are very unlikely.
I know we need ivf anyway but to told that for sure is hard as we always had that tiny bit of hope as you hear that it happens, now it never will other than with ivf, if we do it again?

DH is off luckily so he's looking after me, my family and friends have been great too, mu Mum & Dad and sister came to the hospital Monday before the op and stayed with DH in the hotel near by. I left my house friday midnight and only got back yesterday-tuesday its been a long and hard and horrible time? It was my birthday Saturday adn DH's Monday which was awful they are birthdays we will never forget for sure.

Poppins x

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
didnt want to read and run - am sorry you've been through such an ordeal  ^hugme^

Plenty of rest for you hun, i had the same thing but my tube ruptured so lost me left tube so i know how much pain and discomfort you're going through  ^hugme^

Let your family look after you and i really hope you feel better soon xxxxxxxxxxx

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi Poppins

Really so sad to hear your news :(  Big Hugs ^hugme^ are coming your way.  I have had both my tubes removed due to 2 ectopics and its so disheartning words can not discribe.  Please do not give up hope though your time will come.

Try and have a good christmas I know you won't feel like it much.Finally put this year to bed, ready for a positive 2011

xxxxxxxxxx

·
Registered
334 Posts
Oh poppins, i'm so sorry to read about the awful time you're having  ^hugme^  ^hugme^  ^hugme^  Please do try to relax and let everyone else run around after you, your body needs to heal honey.  Wishing you all the best of luck for 2011,  ^pray^  it's your lucky year.
xxx

·
Registered
3,170 Posts
poppins

Just want to reach in and hug you!  I have been there to and also had a tube removed!  Take time to emotionally recover as thats the difficult bit.  You are not alone there are many other people who have been in the same situation.  Look after yourself and don't expect too much of yourself. xxx

·
Registered
632 Posts
sending you big hug

jenny

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you everyone for your kind words.
Feel so sad, but I am a little easier after the op, I'm still sore and bruised, but its my heart that aches the most.  :'(

Poppins x

·
Registered
41 Posts
Poppins glad your back home & taking it easy.

You really deserve some luck so I'm sure 2011 has to be your year!
Take care of yourself
x

·
Registered
409 Posts
So sorry to hear this sad news. Lots of love and hugs xxx

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Hi Poppins
Just wanted to say so sorry to read your sad news and that you have had such a horrible time. Wishing you the best for 2011. Hope you feel a little better soon. Look after yourself. ^hugme^

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
so sorry sweetheart  ^hugme^

sending you love and strength

love
Suze xx

·
Premium Member
10,615 Posts
big hugs and good luck  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^  i had an ectopic in the right tube too  ^hugme^

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thank you everyone, feel so sad still?

Poppins x

·
Premium Member
10,615 Posts
you will do, its very raw, very recent  :'( ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^  you will recover in time though i promise  ^hugme^

know what you mean about birthdays, i had ectopic dec 04, turned 30 on may 3rd, had miscarriage not long after  :(  there are always time associations unfortunatley, the miscarriage would have been due january, so every dec i remember the ectopic, and every january the miscarriage

but time is a good healer and i hope that the ivf works for you like it did for me. the only real way to feel better is to get pregnant and fill the hole in your heart  ^hugme^  but there will always be a little bit saved for the ectopic baby  ^hugme^  never forgotton. time will ease the pain i promise  ^hugme^

·
Registered
3,170 Posts
I had an ectopic just under 2 years ago (i think).  I have to say that even though i have not been successful with ivf yet, but i do feel ok about what happened.  It does still hurt when i think about it but i choose to look forward and hope and pray that ivf will work.  I see it as part of the on going process of getting there, part of the course to get to parenthood. if you know what i mean.  This is just my thoughts, but rest a shored you will begin to get though it and move forward.

I to had the time association.  I was coming up to my 30th birthday and all i wanted was a baby, well unknown to me i was pg but it was ectopic.  I think it was slightly easier for me then most people because i did not know i was pg, it was natural.  I had what i thought was a period and then i started bleeding again and i had a lot of pain in one side, i did a test and realised that i was pg.  I was bleeding so much that i thought the pain was a miscarriage, a week later it was still so bad that it was diagnosed as an ectopic.  What i am trying to say is that i never believed that it was going to be ok and that i would have a healthy baby i always know that it would not turn out ok.  Because of this i kind of weirdly excepted it as a medical emergency not a pg or a baby.  At the end of it all i was just so relieved that i am ok.  For me the worse thing about it all is the worry as soon as i get any pain in my side.  But even this has subsided through time.  Take every day at a time, life will get better. xxx

·
Premium Member
10,615 Posts
poppins - hope u are ok  ^hugme^

·
Registered
203 Posts
poppins  -- im justr reading the post  -- im sssoo sorry had no idea what u have gone through

hope u and dh are taking time to get urselves together and wish u all the luck on ur next journey

big  ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^ to you
take care xxx

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.